Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bankstown: Swans or GWS?

Senior Player
    Actually I should say too sad. Standing in the club rooms at Kelso looking at trophys and photo tonight and realising yet another junior club is gone was disheartening. What annoyed me more was the fact I was speaking with the last president at the time and knowing it definitely wasn't thru a lack of dedicated people.

The sooner the afl stop putting people from interstate with no feel for the market they are running the better. Put people in positions that matter that actually understand the market they are operating.

[QUOTE=tara;604964]Actually I should say too sad. Standing in the club rooms at Kelso looking at trophys and photo tonight and realising yet another junior club is gone was disheartening. What annoyed me more was the fact I was speaking with the last president at the time and knowing it definitely wasn't thru a lack of dedicated people.

The sooner the afl stop putting people from interstate with no feel for the market they are running the better. Put people in positions that matter that actually understand the market they are operating.[/QUOTE

As the posts on this subject have ceased to keep coming in what is the latest news or is it all over if so have the players found alternatives to play at

No competitive teams will be fielded by the club this year, as deadline from the GSJ passed without anyone coming forward to run the club.
    Sydney South or the renamed Sydney harbour White competition will only have 6 clubs this year.

Unfortunately, lots of kids and families will be lost to the sport from the area. The closest club has shut its books and wont take any more kids from Bankstown.
    So far about 20 odd kids from 100+ have registered with other clubs.

There are a lot of wonderful hard working volunteers who are completely disenfranchised by the events that have occurred, which with only a tiny bit of common sense been completely avoided.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by King Zog View Post
    No competitive teams will be fielded by the club this year, as deadline from the GSJ passed without anyone coming forward to run the club.
    Sydney South or the renamed Sydney harbour White competition will only have 6 clubs this year.

Unfortunately, lots of kids and families will be lost to the sport from the area. The closest club has shut its books and wont take any more kids from Bankstown.
    So far about 20 odd kids from 100+ have registered with other clubs.

There are a lot of wonderful hard working volunteers who are completely disenfranchised by the events that have occurred, which with only a tiny bit of common sense been completely avoided.
    This beggars belief, and is soul destroying for those of us who commit our own time and energies for the betterment of the game, which would be most on here.

Of course, there'll be someone somewhere in the AFL's paid employ patting themselves on the back on a job well done.........

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    This beggars belief, and is soul destroying for those of us who commit our own time and energies for the betterment of the game, which would be most on here.

Of course, there'll be someone somewhere in the AFL's paid employ patting themselves on the back on a job well done.........
    ... not when the Daily Telegraph and Nine get the details. You think Rooty Hill was unimpressed with Joolia's visit, lets see what they do to the AFL when this comes out ...

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    ... not when the Daily Telegraph and Nine get the details. You think Rooty Hill was unimpressed with Joolia's visit, lets see what they do to the AFL when this comes out ...
    Sorry, UCM, but I don't think we're NEARLY that important. No-one except for us few gives a rats+++ about what happens in grassroots footy in Sydney.

Stay tuned as I hear there are still forces at work trying to make Victorians understand that volunteers don't grow on trees.

Quote Originally Posted by King Zog View Post
    Stay tuned as I hear there are still forces at work trying to make Victorians understand that volunteers don't grow on trees.
    This wins Post of the Year. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Congratulations to the AFL on another job well done!

Close on the heels of the hatchet job done on Bankstown Junior AFL ... sorry, there IS NO Bankstown Junior AFL is there!? ... the AFL has another project to be proud of.

In spite of the neigh sayers, Macarthur Giants u/18's - that team that no one at Camden or Campbelltown wanted - continues to defy gravity and stay afloat!!!

Playing with 15 players today, they conceded 38 goals (13 in the first 1/4) in going down, not to the team leading the u/18 div 1, but to the team running 6th, Illawarra!

The Giants are now 0 and 7 and don't meet the next to last side Southern Power for 2 months ... it will take all of Bevo's cajoling to keep a side on the park each week, let alone get some meaningful training sessions. Still, if they get to that game, they will probably draw a bigger crowd than GWS and The Crows

WELL DONE AFL NSW/ACT ... their motto ... "We will work as a team ... and YOU VILL DO IT OUR WAY!"

I can't understand why they were put in Division 1. That was a bad move from dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I can't understand why they were put in Division 1. That was a bad move from dot.
    My understanding was that it was a condition by the Giants that they had to be in the top division.

Maybe they thought their own scores would look a lot better.

Both MacGiants and Illawarra only had minimum numbers that I saw on the day. Illawarra had some pretty big lads though.

Both sides would have had 15 on the field. The Illawarra coach would have agreed to "even down" and play with a 2 man bench ... so at least 6 more Illawarra boys would have missed a game of footy this week as well.

Hey that's funny SHH, that you say the Illawarra "had some pretty big lads" ... I thought Macarthur were the Giants ... most u/18's are pretty big these days, wonder how many of their 15 were u/16's?

Update

The team running 2nd last, Sothern Power were beaten by 100 ... by the team running 5th.

The quality and numbers transitioning from u/16's to u/18's is a huge worry!

Footnote

... and yet, there are no less than 24 former Bankstown Sports Juniors currently playing u/18's football in Sydney.

This has been as a result of the policies and efforts of the former volunteers, and cooperation of the local senior clubs, over a period of several years. The AFL's complete absence from the process was a huge benefit as well.

Bankstown Sports Junior AFL Club could have fielded a full u/18 side this season and last season, with no reliance on players from any other junior club.

Is there another stand alone junior club in Sydney that could boast that???

Bankstown could have fielded a full side + a bench of 6 against the Giants this weekend
    , and would have beaten them easily ... sorry, 7 of the boys would have had to sit the game out.

But of course, the AFL has decreed that there is no need for AFL in Bankstown, and that there shall be a team of GIANTS playing out of Campelltown.

you idiots.
    Last edited by unconfuseme; 29th May 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast