Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants - team list and match discussion

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Yes, but that's not necessarily a Blacktown thing, us Jews eat falafel in the Eastern Suburbs too you know!! Just ask Mike_B
    Hold on there sailor, you'll bring Eddie's world view crashing down!

One thing that made me chuckle about the whole "land of the felafel" comment from Eddie is that years and years ago I was a vego briefly living down there and I used to walk across to Collingwood to get a felafel because there was a place there that had by far the best in the area!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    So if the weather doesn't change and I just pike out (let's be honest, first round of NAB cup on a soggy ground without great visibility isn't exactly going to be the greatest bit of footy to watch) does it make me even more of a NARF if I also don't have fox to watch it at home?
    I'm not going either Stell - I have a pressing engagement at the State Theatre going to the Sing a long Sound of Music - I'm wearing my best outfit made of curtains just to feel a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Not sure how that works for the first game of the night.
    No - but the stats are something like 90% win for the team NOT playing back to back
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    So if the weather doesn't change and I just pike out (let's be honest, first round of NAB cup on a soggy ground without great visibility isn't exactly going to be the greatest bit of footy to watch) does it make me even more of a NARF if I also don't have fox to watch it at home?
    Yes. But no more of a NARF than me, as I was thinking the same thing

Blog Entries
    Any idea on how it looks out at Blacktown?

Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm NARFing it for the game- hadn't twigged there was track work for mountain folks today so that's clinched it!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Re: NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants

Good start to the Fox Footy coverage of our game. Showing the victory song after the GF.. I like it, I like it a lot
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Well the score isn't outrageously flattering at the moment!

I know it's the first quarter of the NAB cup but that was disgusting. Appalling from start to finish Give 'ema bake, I say. Not one thing to prasie about that.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    That was next to useless talking gibberish to Marty when we wanted to know who all the newbies are, very frustrating.

Dermie impresses once again with his "non-knowledge" of the Swans by referring to Brandon Jack's brother as Gary!
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

First game against Carlton 13 lads not from our GF team and only 10 from our GF team........and boy oh boy there was a big gap

Armstrong - nice delivery but struggled with the pace of the first 1/4.......settled second qtr in the same loose defender role
    Cunningham - some great bursts in attack from the back flanks.......he is quick and such a long kick at pace
    Towers - tried to win possession and was mainly in the midfield it appeared
    White - as always a few big plays yet was a bit quiet for me
    Lloyd - he does look dangerous.......small player but if it wasnt slippery conditions his takes would have been cleaner up front
    Lockyear - was under the pump with carlton flooding our back line.....
    Rampe - tried hard in a tagging role mainly in our backline.....he is raw but agressive for the ball and can be developed i think....long left kick
    Jack Jnr - played outside flanks and looked ok, very quick.....big step up though without being overawed
    Walsh - hands werent clean in the first qtr before the rain and just doesnt look like he has the confidence yet......he has the skill
    Lamb - looked comfortable out there, work rate good, has the skills and my prediction is that he will play Seniors in 2013
    Everitt - tried very hard, pressure was good and will play some more Seniors in 2013 when needed
    Biggs - ok......little over awed and execution was a little tentative
    Naismith - tried hard but needs to bulk up as pushed around a little

ROK
    Grundy
    Ted
    Macca
    Bird
    Jack
    Reid
    Parker
    AJ
    Hannes
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 24th February 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast