Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants - team list and match discussion

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymay View Post
    Dermie impresses once again with his "non-knowledge" of the Swans by referring to Brandon Jack's brother as Gary!
    I think you can probably forgive that as more a slip of the tongue than a complete lack of knowledge.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    I was surprised that none of the other commentators corrected him!
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy View Post
    I was surprised that none of the other commentators corrected him!
    They probably weren't listening to him!
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymay View Post
    They probably weren't listening to him!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I know I'm being pedantic and all but did anyone else notice that when the team list flashed across the screen that Birdy's name came up as "C.BIRG"???
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Are we the only team this year with not a single young player to show an ounce of skill or promise in the NAB cup? Everyone just terrible.....seniors shocking as well. This is really, really embarrassing. NAB cup, I know but some effort or pride is still expected!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants

Not a great deal to like so far. That goal by White was pretty special though. He can certainly move wen he wants to

Jesus these @@@@@@@*** umpires have been on us all day. Missing Shaw, Mumford, jetta, goodes, smith, mattner, Kennedy, Bolton, pyke, Morton, LRT, Mcglynn, Malceski,

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Jesus these @@@@@@@*** umpires have been on us all day. Missing Shaw, Mumford, jetta, goodes, smith, mattner, Kennedy, Bolton, pyke, Morton, LRT, Mcglynn, Malceski,
    And none of that is any kind of excuse for this shocking effort.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

I thought we weeded out all these overly negative, write us off at the jump of a hat supporters after last year's performance?

NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants

Nobody is writing the swans off. Just stating there wasn't a lot to take out of our performances tonight, Armstrong was good. Whites goal. That's about it. We only played ten premiership players, and we're probably a few weeks behind in our preparation than other sides, so it's not a big deal. You can't deny it was pretty painful to watch though.

Senior Player
    Thought Rampe, Lamb and Everitt showed the most promise. Rampe was in everything, Lamb continues to develop, and Everitt seems to have gained a little size and poise. Cunningham still very raw, Towers didn't seem to have as much game time as the other newbies, which actually suggests to me he's considered closer to senior selection than the others.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast