Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants - team list and match discussion

I wasnt happy with lambs game but now i think about it Lamb was the player that I expected to really shine, the kid that was going to push to be in our best 22, did i expect too much from him in the first game? maybe. Hopefully lamb is in this week, would most here say he is the next we expect to break into the 22??
    I think it could be armstrong but more likely its probably going to come round due to injury rather than form so the position wil decide.
    Maybe I should start a thread if we have an injured FWD RUck MF or DEF who is the best chance of filling that position?
    Cheers

waz

NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants - team list and match discussion

It's a bit early to be categorically saying what Harry is and isn't I would have thought. If the swans are trying him as a back, I'm sure they'll look at him a few more times before they stamp his as a winger, and a winger only. He could turn out to be a terrific back for all we know.

The most magical thing about this game was it was played LIVE in the UAE.

Congrats AFL, I don't know how you did it, but you have a pre season game that no one gives a damn about, in a country of infidels (please don't deport me - I mean of the footy kind), telecast live. Good job.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

We are in a great position with kids coming thru, I truly believe we can surpass the ageing players in the most obvious roles we need as a team

i think with Harry and Towers to some degree the Swans are developing these players into key positions that we need as a team rather then the best position for the indv just now

ie Shaw is 31/32 and if he had a major injury right now we would need a player with very strong run and carry..........Harry for a 19yr old shows all the talent in the world to be able to master this role in my opinion........Shaw from memory is almost identical stats as Harry already in height and weight and Harry is only 19 and just as quick and a much better kick !

Shaw brings great leadership though in which i think AJ will start to take on more vocally

Marsh looks like he is able to take on a Mattner role in a couple of years......or dare i say it he reminds me of a Kennedy type role aswell.......yet Marsh has a seriously penetrating kick on him. In my opinion Marsh is a player that could be a very serious player for us. Like when we saw the high lights of Luke Parker equally with Marsh I was like yes that is just the player we need for the backline or inside midfield in yrs to come !

Armstrong looks just as sharp as Mal at the same age when it comes to delivery and setting up of play. Armstrong will only get better as he appears to be starting to level jump

Dick or Towers I am guessing would be a flank player ? not sure if better off back flanks or wing? Towers appears to maybe have the versatility and opportunity to spring into a Rohan type role also. Towers is the lottery in some ways that has all the attributes of an athlete but can he relax enough in a senior game to stick to the game plan ??

Membrey if he grows a little taller has the makings of a Daniel Bradshaw or Fev type role ie 191cm power forward with a serious kick at goal..........but he is a couple of seasons off in fitness and fingers crossed grows another 3cm or so to be a genuine chance

Lamb is a player that may need that one extra pre season and year in ressies...........we must remember that he didnt train much last year nor the 2011/12 pre season and he has come from being a king of the kids on a HFF type role and just kicking goals left right and centre with minimal regard for structures.........to now having to find much much more in cardio capacity....unselfish play etc..........It is almost like Jed has had to reinvent himself in less in a very short space of time.
    The kid has talent and he is a dangerous player..........for me he is probably more in the vein of a Stevie Johnson or a Mitch Morton where finding the goal is never an issue as they are instinctual attacking players. But they have had to find a tank and that is a real stretch and has taken them time to be more then a dangerous kick. Depending on Morton, McGlynn and Rohan I still wonder if Jed may find himself on the wing or HBF in years to come as he would be a lethal playmaker from the back also. I did see enough in Jed that shows his fitness and will to keep on pushing the cardio was heading in the right direction and considering how greasy and wet the conditions he has great skills.

Dre - im liking what I am seeing and if Ted can convert into one of the best FB we have had and an AA FB to boot then Dre I feel can either become our LRT versatile forward/back or he could go on in years to come to hold down a key position. Dre is a late bloomer in self belief and it appears he is turning a corner in his willingness to do the tough stuff ie the extra pressure work that lacked in the past.

Alex Brown - intrigues me......he does appear to have the composure of a young guy that knows his role and appeared cool under pressure .........but will he get an opportunity to play seniors in 2013 is the big question.......unlikely i think

Tom Mitchell - when we recruited Tom and Parker .......I pictured Tom mitchell taking over from ROK and I pictured Parker taking over for Jude and Rohan becoming our x factor Goodes type role ie midfield and Forward line. Tom is destined to accumulate the ball like a Tom Mitchell or ROK and i think he will more develop like a Sam Mitchell ie more of a player that peels off the ruck setting up play.

Brandon Jack - hmmmmmm straight away brought impact and speed.........cant wait to watch him develop in ressies as he is a goer and very raw so far

Rampe - still my xfactor player in that he brings presence and raw determined effort which the Swans love in a player. He could easily in my opinion play a marty mattner type role in the future. Just needs a chance like AJ and watch out. I thought he tagged very well for his first effort on the wknd........he could become a serial pest in this role as he is very strong yet has a V8 motor !!

Llyod - looking forward to watching in the ressies as he is a jack out of the box and could develop ?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 1st March 2013 at 08:16 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    wolf you may have read magics post incorrectly ?
    haha yep.

I'm pro Lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    haha yep.

I'm pro Lamb.
    So is Wolfy.

Fancy that, a wolf who likes a lamb...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112