Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2013 - The Pre-Season. Pump your tyres here

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    Follow Syd Uni? Poach players from every senior club and juniors outside their area.
    Yeah, I heard that Uni steal players from out of their beds at night.

Clearances heating up now, lots of ins and outs plus a few denied's too

Quote Originally Posted by chatovadafloor View Post
    Clearances heating up now, lots of ins and outs plus a few denied's too
    They're all names on a computer screen, and none of us knows more than just a few.
    But the names that stand out are Wilkie and Taggart, two of the key players in Balmain's assault on the premiership...both applied for clearances out, both were denied.
    Are they both now stuck with Balmain, having declared that they'd rather play somewhere else ?

Our own BIGSHOW applied to get out too, and Balmain let him go.

Plenty of applications to come INTO the SFL - I would have thought there are more than normal at this time of year, but then again, I'm one to pump up the tyres of the SFL anyway so I look for positive signs.

No signs of movement from Luffy to Victoria so I guess I was wrong on that one

Our own Norris Lurker tells us that there might be extra teams to come in at this late stage so there might be plenty of inbound clearances yet.

Sorry to see Nor-West drop their 18's side.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    They're all names on a computer screen, and none of us knows more than just a few.
    But the names that stand out are Wilkie and Taggart, two of the key players in Balmain's assault on the premiership...both applied for clearances out, both were denied.
    Are they both now stuck with Balmain, having declared that they'd rather play somewhere else ?

Our own BIGSHOW applied to get out too, and Balmain let him go.

Plenty of applications to come INTO the SFL - I would have thought there are more than normal at this time of year, but then again, I'm one to pump up the tyres of the SFL anyway so I look for positive signs.

No signs of movement from Luffy to Victoria so I guess I was wrong on that one

Our own Norris Lurker tells us that there might be extra teams to come in at this late stage so there might be plenty of inbound clearances yet.
    Bigshow wasn't worth the paperwork

UTS 32 in, 3 out!

Can't be a bad thing, maybe they'll have five senior teams this year

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    It's not uncommon for clearances to be denied on the first attempt - but unless they still owe their rego fees from last season or are sitting on some club equipment, they'll end up getting their clearances unless they change their mind.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Sorry to see Nor-West drop their 18's side.
    Very disappointing, but just not enough kids out here. Even the 16s here and at Quakers won't have enough for one team. Too many junior clubs in the area, in my opinion. This isn't Victoria.

Flying Swan

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Very disappointing, but just not enough kids out here. Even the 16s here and at Quakers won't have enough for one team. Too many junior clubs in the area, in my opinion. This isn't Victoria.
    This is exactly the whole problem. The Administrators jump into Sydney and NSW and think it is Victoria. Sydney Football is a different animal. It covers an area from Wollongong to Gosford not like the suburban footy in Melbourne. More clubs spread the talent more thinly.
    Last edited by Flying Swan; 15th March 2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Edit needed

Sorry to hear that Pekay I also hear a couple of other clubs in Div 2 18's are struggling with numbers. Also one in Div 1 18's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by muddybulldog View Post
    Sorry to hear that Pekay I also hear a couple of other clubs in Div 2 18's are struggling with numbers. Also one in Div 1 18's as well.
    Wonder how Mac Uni are faring after the end of their Westbrook tie up - wonder how much their finals debacle hurt that program.

This just makes an absolute mockery of the latest promises that the AFL tried feeding the 60 Bankstown Sports Juniors supporters a month ago ... "fantastic opportunity in the west" ... "20 junior clubs" ... "great competition".

Honestly, they blow so much smoke, they even forget where the the truth ends and the BS starts ... they believe that a successful junior club is a dozen Auskickers and 8 or 9 registered u/13's and u/14's who cant field a side!

Ironically, that's about what they have at Bankstown this season!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast