Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 2013 - The Pre-Season. Pump your tyres here

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    What I think Mug Punter is suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong); is that a structure of only fielding a Premier Division, Div 1 & Under 18s isn't totally viable.
    For a club with that structure, if someone comes along that isn't Div 1 standard, that club would have to turn them away. For some clubs, that's the experience they've had - and it's not because they're trying to be snobby or elitist, but because they've got nothing to offer a player who isn't Div 1 standard.
    Some clubs have been able to get their numbers up enough to field a thirds team in a lower division - North Shore and Wests have for a couple of years, Penno have one this year.
    But for other clubs, it's a chicken and egg situation - they can't field a thirds team until they've got the numbers to play in it, but can't get the numbers until there's a team to play in.
    Weight of numbers will win out in the end with the inclusive clubs overpowering the elitist clubs with their self-inflated egos that somehow it is a privilege to pull on their jersey.

North Shore and Penno are prime examples of this with their wealth of junior numbers. Both of these clubs should have at least 4 senior sides and preferably two U18 teams. It's only their arrogance and ability to make new players unwelcome that stops this happening.

But then again, Justabaraker reckons it's a bad things if everybody gets a game...

Go figure.....

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by snow leopard View Post
    Dont worry they will play a heap of A.N Others under bodgy names
    After what went down in last year's finals, there's not a chance that anyone at Mac Uni will be playing under an alias this year.

Hopefully that sort of thing won't happen anywhere. For starters, any player involved is not covered by insurance.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

After what went down in last year's finals, there's not a chance that anyone at Mac Uni will be playing under an alias this year.

Hopefully that sort of thing won't happen anywhere. For starters, any player involved is not covered by insurance.
    Grubs. Their blatant cheating cost us a further final spot.

Originally Posted by troy34
    I can assure you that I am not heading to Melbourne! As much as playing down there would have been great I have my Kids close by and my work in Sydney so I certainly wont be playing down south this season!!

Justabaraker:You didn't strike me as a Northern Football League kinda guy anyway.
    Turning out for Balmain again ?

No wonder Luffy didn't reply to my question about turning out for Balmain....he's only going to make Uni Bulldogs even more threatening this season.

jinxing them, he hasnt won a flag in all teams he has been in

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Originally Posted by troy34
    I can assure you that I am not heading to Melbourne! As much as playing down there would have been great I have my Kids close by and my work in Sydney so I certainly wont be playing down south this season!!

Justabaraker:You didn't strike me as a Northern Football League kinda guy anyway.
    Turning out for Balmain again ?

No wonder Luffy didn't reply to my question about turning out for Balmain....he's only going to make Uni Bulldogs even more threatening this season.

Warming the Bench

That was a real stain on the Macquarie Uni Football Club.

You'd like to think that in this day and age clubs would display more ethics.

I thought they were better than that.

You are right, let's hope we don't see a repeat - at any club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Grubs. Their blatant cheating cost us a further final spot.
    Still haven't found out whether Mac Uni got a kicking over this - if not then that sends a message to everyone else that they can get away with it.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Very disappointing, but just not enough kids out here. Even the 16s here and at Quakers won't have enough for one team. Too many junior clubs in the area, in my opinion. This isn't Victoria.
    Very sorry to hear of your issues out there.

You've undoubtedly made the right decision in dropping the Ressies side, it's far more practical to field one side reasonably comfortably rather than field two and have to scratch around for numbers each week.

The 18s situation is a real blow.

I'm not sure what to suggest, ideally you wouldn't want to rely on the RAAF, but as you have pointed out your area struggles to service a club without the RAAF boys.

Let's hope you get through this season with some success and then are able to build from there.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567