Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 81

Thread: Media Watch

  1. #49
    Opti-pessi-misti
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Way down south
    Posts
    853
    Thanks for that Aaron. What a great article. It makes you realise how important they are/have been to our team. Pretty unique too. You could say that we had BBB, Micky O and Kirky leading the way to the 'first' flag, but for various reasons the Goodsey, Bolts and ROK trio is the more special. Looking at our list we may not have another comparable trio until the class of Hanners, Rohan, AJ, Reid etc if we can keep them all for the next 10 years. With Rohan and AJ having a year out however the comparable stats will be messed up a bit.

  2. #50
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    2,937
    Sky News has an article today about Stephen Milne with the heading "Police deny cover in Milne case" - and a photo of a well-known female leader of a political party!!!

    http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=881249

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Sky News has an article today about Stephen Milne with the heading "Police deny cover in Milne case" - and a photo of a well-known female leader of a political party!!!

    http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=881249
    Ha ha! I wasn't the only one who noticed. Photo now amended to one of Stephen Milne. If you haven't guessed, the original photo accompanying the story was of Christine Milne. Given the charges laid against Stephen Milne, it is not exactly an article that the Greens would want to be associated with!

  3. #51

  4. #52
    One Man Out ShockOfHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Due north
    Posts
    3,668
    Inspired idea to give the camera to Jett.

    On totally different note, here are the Hun's predictions for the run home. Quite generous to us, I think, putting our depleted outfit ahead of Freo. If the Dockers beat West Coast this round they're pretty much a lock for fourth.

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226676549744
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

  5. #53
    Veterans List DeadlyAkkuret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,469
    There's 8 weeks to go. No team is a lock for top 4 yet, least of all a team that isn't in the top 4.

  6. #54
    Opti-pessi-misti
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Way down south
    Posts
    853
    Great work Swanwolf. Jet's photos are good but love your captions.

  7. #55
    One Man Out ShockOfHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Due north
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    There's 8 weeks to go. No team is a lock for top 4 yet, least of all a team that isn't in the top 4.
    Swans missing a third of the best 22 and playing four games against top eight, including the top two. Dockers have got Pavlich and Sandi back and playing just one top eight team (Port). Swans will have to be a lot more consistent to make the four.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

  8. #56
    Veterans List DeadlyAkkuret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,469
    Richmond are top 8 and the Dockers play them away next week.

  9. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Great work Swanwolf. Jet's photos are good but love your captions.
    Thank you, rojo. Just shortening the links and got carried away.

  10. #58
    One Man Out ShockOfHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Due north
    Posts
    3,668
    Stupidest Swans-related story this year. In an unfortunate choice of words, Jon Anderson complains that "Jetta is a pale shadow" of his 2012 self and puts him on list of biggest underperformers of the year. No awareness that Jetta has played just ten games, carrying an injury in some of them.

    Seven goals to his name after 45 last year. Averages three less disposals and struggling to cope with the extra goal-side attention.

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...10#mm-breached
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

  11. #59
    Just wild about Harry
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Stupidest Swans-related story this year. In an unfortunate choice of words, Jon Anderson complains that "Jetta is a pale shadow" of his 2012 self and puts him on list of biggest underperformers of the year. No awareness that Jetta has played just ten games, carrying an injury in some of them.

    Seven goals to his name after 45 last year. Averages three less disposals and struggling to cope with the extra goal-side attention.

    No Cookies | Herald Sun
    That is priceless! To be fair, I have noticed that Jetta has been struggling for a kick the last few games and was virtually unsighted against GWS.

  12. #60
    One Man Out ShockOfHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Due north
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    That is priceless! To be fair, I have noticed that Jetta has been struggling for a kick the last few games and was virtually unsighted against GWS.
    Now you mention it, I've barely noticed him lately. Really needs to take a look at himself.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO