Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: St Kilda v Swans NAB. Cup Game

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I have always been a soccer fan but only went to my 1st A-League game this year. I have very strong tribal connections to Sydney and as I am of Italian heritage, I wanted to see Alessandro DP play. Sydney FC were coming to town and I had th opportunity to take a mate's MV membership as he was out of town.

I have to say, the atmosphere was awesome and I will be going again when SFC come to Melbourne. The onfield stuff doesn't hold a candle to the indigenous Australian code for excitement, bravado and continuity but the overall experience was fantastic. I suggest all should go and have a look.
    I'd rather watch the Ethihad Stadium grass growing. Atmosphere might be great but what a boring spectacle.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Soccer is like...
    Where's the stubby Al.

OK, threads been derailed enough....time to get it back on track.

Hope we win, but I wont be attending.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Hope we win, but I wont be attending.
    Me neither.....but I will be watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    Cant help myself im going Sunday, theres only 5 games in Melbourne and you might as well forget going to Geelong. So a game in Melbourne is always a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    That's the way I look at it too.
    Plus you get to see some of the kids
    I don't know what your problem is with Geelong. It used to take me as long to get from the Eastern suburbs in Melbourne to the Lake Oval as it does to get from Melbourne to Geelong. Thousands of people make the commute every day.

For me at the moment it is a lazy 15 dawdle (if the lights are red) to get to the gates of Kardinia Park.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I don't know what your problem is with Geelong. It used to take me as long to get from the Eastern suburbs in Melbourne to the Lake Oval as it does to get from Melbourne to Geelong. Thousands of people make the commute every day.

For me at the moment it is a lazy 15 dawdle (if the lights are red) to get to the gates of Kardinia Park.
    I'm referring too the chance of getting into the game. I'm sure Geelong is a wonderful place and your right its pleasant drive Mornington to Geelong. Jump on the P-link get off on the G- link.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    A civilized attitude noticeably missing in many NSW rugby fans. Following one code does not exclude you from appreciating or also following another.
    I work with lots of league fans, and they are all quite respectful of AFL, despite not following it at all.

The thing is, like many aussie rules fans I don't have any interest in any of the other codes. I simply don't have the time to follow them, and even when I do watch them I find them a bit dull. (Perhaps because I don't have the time to develop an appreciation.)

The thing is....that doesn't make them bad games! It doesn't make the people who do follow them morons! It just makes them different to me. I like the idea that there is diversity within our culture. If the sole criteria for things to be judged good and worthwhile is that I like them, then the world would be a very narrow and boring place.

Blog Entries

Re: St Kilda v Swans NAB. Cup Game

Better effort than what I saw last week.
    Some of the kids a bit panicky under pressure.

St Kilda v Swans NAB. Cup Game

Are we winning??

I'm in the middle if a Jessica Alba marathon and I can't bear to switch the channel.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    I'm referring too the chance of getting into the game. I'm sure Geelong is a wonderful place and your right its pleasant drive Mornington to Geelong. Jump on the P-link get off on the G- link.
    You're right about possibly getting in. We're going to get reserved seats with some friends this year. Twilight game 15 minutes walk from home sounds good. And if the kids get feral one can take them home and the other stay for singing Cheer, cheer!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Impressive work rate by Jesse White and Everitt has shown off his classy skills. Parker and Lamb impressive in the midfield but some sloppiness late in the quarter by Rampe and Cunningham proved costly

Younger guys in particular, but everyone still very fumbly. I think Jesse white looks like the ruck really suits him. And everitt looks massive compared to previous years - still annoyingly inconsistent - could be just anything if he put it together.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast