Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: St Kilda v Swans NAB. Cup Game

Showed a lot more than last week....lots of senior and fringe players had good moments - Everitt, White, Cunningham, Towers....nice goal from Rampe, some good execution from McGlynn and Armstrong...some really good play from Teddy, Reg and AJ. Joey looked like a V8 cruising down Conrod straight. Hannebery and Jude doing plenty...Hanners some really clean hands.....but never really looke like we were going to win, way, way, way too fumbley.....gifted a couple of goals by umps....couldn't run out the game.....didn't win a contested possession or have an uncontested mark forward of the ball in the last 15 minutes. You would hope that we won't give up four goals a game with experienced players letting the ball over the back 25 metres out :-)

B. Jack had a couple of moments. Towers, Rampe and Lloyd might be players....Lockyer has had a nightmare NAB cup....failed or fumbled pretty much every single contest or opportunity or disposal that he had....you'd almost have to give him another game just so that he doesn't stew on that effort for the next 12 months!

When Armstrong can pick the ball up cleanly he will be a player.

Oooooh and Jetta was a ripper.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Thought some of the fringe/youngsters stepped up to the plate. Whitey, Cunningham, Armstrong (impressive), Rampe, Lloyd and the usual suspects Hannebery, Parker looked the goodes (no pun intended).

Thought Armstrong played a really good game off the half back. Used it well and created heaps from the backline. We need blokes like him around that 22-24 mark to take over when the likes of Shawy, Marty etc finish up their tenures.

Jetta...wowee. Looks like he's had another brilliant pre-season. He was everywhere. Why the bloody hell didn't LRT handball the ball back to him! ha. If he can get around that 20-25 disposal mark he will go up another notch. I can see some more brownlow votes coming for him this season.

Still missing ROK, McVeigh (our best user), Goodes, Smith, Mattner, Shaw, Mumford, Bird, Malceski, Jack, Tippett, McGlynn (only played a quarter), Morton. That's 13 senior blokes who will most likely be lining up round 1.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Veterans List
    Didn't see the game but we had a lot of players out and the seniors that came in were having their first hitout. 4 weeks to go untul Round 1 so plenty of time to get it together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Good to see Benny back on the field.
    Got a huge cheer when he came on and for his first few touches!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Armstrong is looking good for a spot in the line up come round 1. Towers did some nice things , Lloyd and Rampe were also impressive. Did Membrey play, I didnt see him out there. Reid could explode this year and old man Jude looks as fit and hungry as ever. TDL played pretty well for the saints too, good on him.
    Armstrong had a lot of run and hit many targets by foot.
    Seemed to be used as the got to man out of defence.

White was very impressive. Hope it continues.
    Reid still has a huge case of the fumbles.

I think both were off the ground for much of the last qtr, as we didn't seem to have a target up fwd.

Pykes tap work and his timing was much better than his opponent. several times his opponent jumped way to early and Pyke just timed it right and got the tap.

I struggled big time with the newbies numbers. Needed a cheat sheet. But a few of them showed a bit of talent and a bit of spark.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

I think both were off the ground for much of the last qtr, as we didn't seem to have a target up fwd.

Pykes tap work and his timing was much better than his opponent. several times his opponent jumped way to early and Pyke just timed it right and got the tap.

I struggled big time with the newbies numbers. Needed a cheat sheet. But a few of them showed a bit of talent and a bit of spark.
    Geez bit cynical. I thought Reidy played a very good game. Focal point up forward, only 21. He clunked heaps of marks and competed all night.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Geez bit cynical. I thought Reidy played a very good game. Focal point up forward, only 21. He clunked heaps of marks and competed all night.
    Sorry, I wasn't saying he played badly, just still a bit fumbly.
    But then so were a few of them tonight.

Senior Player
    So hypothetically, if Jesse's turned a corner, what the hell do we do with our big man stocks?

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    So hypothetically, if Jesse's turned a corner, what the hell do we do with our big man stocks?
    That fact is that from last years premiership 22, some will be injured, out of form or retire early so this is a very good and necessary problem to have at this time of the year.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

I think LRT was missing as well in the end.
    So not a lot of forward pressure left.

Veterans List
    That was a much better effot wasn't it? Good to see some of the youngsters show a bit this week, especially Towers, Rampe & Lloyd (tho a few others are still a fair way off). Towers in particular you could imagine playing seniors pretty quickly given the opportunity.

Thought Jesse's first half was outstanding and Sammy's effort and work rate very good indeed. All in all, much happier than last week!

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Still missing ROK, McVeigh, Goodes, Smith, Mattner, Shaw, Mumford, Bird, Malceski, Jack, Tippett, McGlynn (only played a quarter), Morton.
    Thanks SP12. I thought I was going mad. The commentators were talking about 9 GF players missing. I kept counting and kept coming up with 11. So not bad for half a team, especially when Rohan didn't play and Benny played bugger all.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the Rookie List
    Glad I went great to see some of the kids I probably won't get a chance again this year cause never get to see the reserves....we clearly ran out of gas at the end but I thought an overall pretty good performance and yes great to see benny mcglynn back.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast