Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bazza worried about Kirk ?

Bazza worried about Kirk ?

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Thought he was bull @@@@ting actually, as I don't think he even liked Kirk at the end.

Gee, how judgemental are we???

I thought it was an honest assessment. Although not knowing exactly what Hall was asked makes it hard for us to really make a call on what he is saying.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

he did seem earnest.........but i couldnt help but immediately think of BBBB also dishing out exactly the same dose of concussion !

The inflicter of concussion.

luv bazza but geeeeeessssseeee what you have to do for a TV show sometimes makes me feel a little squeamish

Goes up to 11
    I thought it was an honest answer from Bazza. The Swans have had a few particularly hard at it players recently, such as Kirky and Jude, so it was a fair question to ask and Bazza gave a pretty up-front response.

You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I thought it was an honest answer from Bazza. The Swans have had a few particularly hard at it players recently, such as Kirky and Jude, so it was a fair question to ask and Bazza gave a pretty up-front response.
    jono not sure if you got my point.

If it was an honest answer on concussion why not talk about himself dishing out to others and not just talk about Kirk ?

If I was Kirk I would be saying hey dont put the spotlight just on me .........what about you being the perpetrator ?

After the prelude of comments I was expecting something a bit more controversial from Bazza. I wouldn't know whether what he said was true or not of course, but it sounds quite probable and didn't seem to be about sticking it to anyone. Regarding Bazza dishing it out to opposition players, I think Bazza's point was more about how regularly Kirk would be concussed, not just one offs - I doubt Bazza would know if players from other teams were serially concussed (as was the inference about Kirk).
    up the guts

Veterans List
    I can see Gerry's point of view. I wonder if the likes of Hall and Matthews have any pangs of the conscience about the people they belted. Matthews is in my mind the biggest thug to play the game from the 60's onward. I believe Bernie Evans was twice sent to la la land by LM with hits after the contest. One at Princes Park where Bernie had marked the ball and had brought the ball down to waist height, when hit fair to the jaw by the little thug, was a cowardly act. Would have got a long stretch nowadays for that. A dog of the first order. I wonder if Peter Giles is in the group who are going to be tested. Who can forget Mathews turning sideways at a boundary throw in to smash Giles to the head way off the contest. I wonder if Giles has taken a beeline to his doctor after this stuff has come out. Was it Barry Cable that Mathews slugged on the wing in an interstate game? Anyone else wish to add to the little mongrel's hit list.

The question put to BBBB was in relation to Kirky specifically.

It is well known that the doctors knew when Kirky was off line because he became quite aggressive and his behaviour was out of character. He spent a fair bit of time apologising for his this once he had recovered. Apparently there was never any doubt when Kirky was concussed. And it must have been very disconcerting for some to see how out of it their team mate was. He probably should have been sidelined for longer, but that was based on five/ten years ago knowledge, not on current medical indicators.

We can't keep vilifying BBBB - he has moved on, and its time we did too. Not that I have totally forgiven him, but I am more or less willing to judge him as he is now. If Kirky would trust him with his kids even in amongst the worst of it then who am I to judge. Not happy with some of his statements since then, but.....let the man grow.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    jono not sure if you got my point.

If it was an honest answer on concussion why not talk about himself dishing out to others and not just talk about Kirk ?

If I was Kirk I would be saying hey dont put the spotlight just on me .........what about you being the perpetrator ?
    The majority of concussions are caused by accidental/incidental contact with the head in the normal course of play. Certain players seem more prone to them, and often they're the head over the ball types like Kirky. It was a very valid question and Bazza answered it as a former team-mate and in the context in which it was asked.

I'm with Primmy - I quite like Bazza now and am thankful we had him...

hhhmmmmm a concussion is still a concussion not matter how you slice it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast