Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Challenges season 2013

I do like the prospect that Tip that and go Gaz may be back and firing late in the season. (2nd Half of the season anyway)

Some serious grab and go in the forward line = Nice!

Rod_

Tippett not till Round 13? Plenty of time for Pyke (highly intelligent) to adjust his game and cement a spot. For example, Mumford always looks proppy to me. Is he a candidate for injury?

Warming the Bench
    12-18 months down the track we may have a better list but right now we may struggle.
    No Tippett till Rnd 13
    Rohan doubtful all season
    Johnson out all season
    Mitchell who knows seems to always be injured
    Brown as above
    Dick,Marsh & Membrey 12 months away
    Lamb & Towers are they any better in March than what Laidlaw, O'keefe, Vezspremmi & Johnston were.
    Walsh doubtful
    Cunningham looks ok.
    It leaves a lot of pressure on the remaining guys on our list.

Wow, no offense but that's what I call a glass half empty post!

Losing Johnson was a blow but (unfortunately) these things happen and we have to move on. How about feeling a little bit of excitement at the opportunity this gives an Armstrong or Rampe?
    Of course there are players who are twelve months away from really being AFL ready, but that applies to every team across the league. I'm sure there were plenty of us that had those thoughts a few years back about AJ, Parks and Hanners and I for one was stunned at what they showed when given the opportunity, how do we know this isn't going to happen with Towers, Membrey Dick etc?
    And are you really bemoaning and questioning the trading/ delisting of Laidlaw, O'keefe (talk about injured all the time), Vez and Johnston? Sorry but none of these players ever really took the bull by the horns when given senior opportunities and I was the biggest Vez fan in the land!

Sorry I don't mean to attack you, we all think differently about these things, but to be thinking we are going to struggle more than two weeks before a Sherrin is kicked in anger just amazes me. If we aren't on top of the ladder after round two then by all means voice a concern but now???

Re: Challenges season 2013

I have no idea how we'll go or whether we'll struggle. Maybe by Rd1 I'll probably form an opinion but right now I'm still living in the past and enjoying 2012. You never know when we'll win another one so I'm eeking out every bit of enjoyment I can.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Unfortunate though AJ's injury is, but we will likely only be missing he and Rohan, and maybe Mattner, from Round 1. Not a bad start to the year.

Compare that to the Pies' melodramas, or those clowns in India. Do we know them?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Big Al and I were talking football on Saturday night as there was no gatorade lady to admire.

We should also note that a half season break for KT will help significantly after the three episodes of concussion last year.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The biggest challenge in my opinion is whether the younger boys can get their minds back to Game One 2013 mode, and not rely Last Game of 2012 mode.

The 2005 and 2006 Granny players will have a better grip. But I do place a lot of respect and trust in our leadership group to push everyone past this (even some redandwhiters).

there is another factor I consider to be a plus. the number of new kids on the block who are kind of ready to go will probably act as a red light alarm to any complacency that may surface. Knowing there is someone ready to step into your shoes is a great motivator.
    I think we have also recruited players who have had success at junior level or Reserves level. Towers, Lloyd, Parker, Hannas, AJ, Marsh, Mitchell, Lamb, Membrey if I remember rightly fit into this category. Maybe more others do too. It is interesting how many players who had success at junior level or reserves lavel play in premierships. they often will change sides to do so because they recognise an attitude at the other club that is reminiscent of their junior club that their current club doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    12-18 months down the track we may have a better list but right now we may struggle.
    No Tippett till Rnd 13
    Rohan doubtful all season
    Johnson out all season
    Mitchell who knows seems to always be injured
    Brown as above
    Dick,Marsh & Membrey 12 months away
    Lamb & Towers are they any better in March than what Laidlaw, O'keefe, Vezspremmi & Johnston were.
    Walsh doubtful
    Cunningham looks ok.
    It leaves a lot of pressure on the remaining guys on our list.
    Chuckie I watched towers and thought he was pretty good and Lamby was pretty good too. they are both getting there and aren't far from a seniors start. Rampe and Armstrong are there already. Jesse is showing quite a bit more than he has in the past, basically following on his form in the Two's last year. Membrey really didn't play much, same with Marsh & Dick. Mitchell is just about ready and they are taking it easy with him deliberately because young players with soft tissue injuries need special handling (slow recovery). Lockyer is a little off the pace because of his lack of footy in the last I must admit as is brown being injured yet again. Rooster will be back and he will play but when is the question. It may not be until next season.

i was just watching the Swans v Saints and got to the part where Benny kicks to young Jakie Lloyd. Then what do I get but pregame crap from the Collingwood game and all techo behind the scenes stuff. you are crap AFL.com. i don't know who is doing your tech stuff, whether the replays come from Foxtel or not but they are very ordinary in content and quality. I would consider that last quarter of the Swans v Saints game as one of the techo stuff ups of all time.

enough of that. I want to take Chuckie to task a little. I don't know if you have had a good look at that game (or the three & a bit quarters you could). Armstrong, Towers, Lamb, Lloyd, Rampe, Cunningham and Jack were not overwhelmed by the contest at all. Shane Biggs showed a bit at times but still a bit raw. Remember, Jack, Rampe, Lloyd, and Biggs are all rookies. The saints only played one rookie as far as I know. Lockyer is very much out of touch after 12 months virtually out of the game (I think 2 or 3 games for resies). We didn't play Membrey, Marsh, Dick, Naismith, Richards, Robinson, Brown, Walsh & Mitchell, some through injury. Armstrong, Jesse & Drey all had pretty good games. We still have rooster and Tippett to come back if Rooster manages it this season. i think we are in pretty good shape. The talent is obvious and we are still underdone. I am feeling sorry already for the NEAFL teams that have to play our mob because there is huge talent in our juniors.

So to be honest I don't agree with you. We took out gold Coast in easy style and still have plenty to come back. Even though we are still fading in games this will improve as the season goes on as our fitness develops. We are a very talented and dedicated club from the President down the line. Everybody is given a job to do and carries out the wishes of President, Management or Coach, depending what part of the club they work for. this is why we are a successful club and believe me if they had any doubts about the playing list the players who are doubtful don't stay long. Last year several players moved on and are now playing either for other AFL clubs or in other leagues such as the SANFL. This is why we are successful. Our recruiters pick out the best prospects and our coaches develop them and if they can't quite crack it make a recommendation to release them. We have recruited very well and we have several players who are ready to come in now, Rampe, Lloyd and Towers. Add Lamb, Cunningham, Armstrong, Drey and Jesse stepping up and we are well taken care of until Tippett gets in the mix.

I forgot to mention Luke Parker is becoming our Sam Mitchell. What a player.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I forgot to mention Luke Parker is becoming our Sam Mitchell. What a player.
    No... Luke Parker is OUR Luke Parker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast