Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenges season 2013

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    No... Luke Parker is OUR Luke Parker.
    Yes indeed Baskin but he does play a similar style to Mitchell is all I am saying, maybe a little cleverer and faster.

Veteran Site Admin
    He is quicker than Mitchell, but that's not hard. Even Brett Kirk was quicker than Mitchell. But cleverer? Mitchell is one of the smartest midfielders going around (in a football sense, not an academic sense). Parker has a huge way to go to even warrant being compared to Mitchell in terms of demonstrated footy nous.

I must admit I see very few similarities in the styles of Mitchell and Parker. They are both inside mids and both blonde but that's about where the similarities end as I see it.

Challenges season 2013

The only swan who reminds of me Sam Mtchell is Tom Mitchell, that's from what limited vision of I've seen of Tom. Parker, I dunno, maybe a bit of Joel Selwood ?

Maybe you're right about the Joel Selwood comparison. Both are pretty good kicks for goal as well as doing all the hard stuff.

With all the emphasis on speed, it's quite remarkable just how good some 'slow' players are, like the few mentioned on this page.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Maybe you're right about the Joel Selwood comparison. Both are pretty good kicks for goal as well as doing all the hard stuff.

With all the emphasis on speed, it's quite remarkable just how good some 'slow' players are, like the few mentioned on this page.
    Indeed. Bird comes to mind.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

the funniest video footage recently was Joel Selwood and Mitchell chasing for the ball..........and both so slow in the contest that Selwood dived forward at Mitchells knees so he could win the race
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123