Thread: Beautiful timing Goodsie

Beautiful timing Goodsie

Couldn't of timed it better....IMO.....

Just go out on the park and enjoy his final few years....

I think it will work for him and add to his longevity.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Re: Beautiful timing Goodsie

No better club in the land in setting themselves up for the future. This club first decision by Adam demonstrates the fantastic culture that exists at the Swans.
    My hats off to you Adam.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    No better club in the land in setting themselves up for the future. This club first decision by Adam demonstrates the fantastic culture that exists at the Swans.
    My hats off to you Adam.
    Another site/poster was lambasting the co-captain format. But I think Goodesy was quite convincing when he said that having co-captains allows the less experienced captain time to adjust, learn and experience through their early years with a strong experienced captain to help guide, before becoming experienced enough to have both leading capably. I guess to an extent that is a captain/vice-captain relationship yet I think that format still has clear and defined roles and boundaries. The co-captain format allows both to experience all match day duties and share training and off-field duties more evenly. Some baulk at the large leadership group as well but hey if it works for Swans..

Blog Entries

Re: Beautiful timing Goodsie

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Couldn't of timed it better....IMO.....

Just go out on the park and enjoy his final few years....

I think it will work for him and add to his longevity.
    Tendulkar style.

As usual, all class.

I used to think of Goodes merely as our best player, an outstanding leader and one of the all-time greats. After his GF I'd put him somewhere between legend and footy god.

You're all right, Jack: Swans legend passes on the baton
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Long Term Injury List
    Goodes has always been high in my estimations but he went up on grand final day last year. Yes, he played out of his skin while injured but that wasn't the reason. It was to do with his off field actions on the day. He left all of the presentation to JMcV and made no attempt to join him (ala Ben Cousins in 2006) and celebrated like he was just one of the team. No one would have complained if he had joined JMcV on the stage after the presentation but he just jumped in with the rest of the boys. The look on his face from final siren and throughout the celebrations was so joyous, at times he looked like he was wondering if it was real.
    I will struggle with not calling him captain, but look forward to seeing him play for as long as he can in the red & white.

Great move for all the reasons outlined above. It also means he won't have to spend as much time doing the off field stuff and can spend more of his time doing the community work that is so important to him, and the community.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

"I will struggle with not calling him captain, but look forward to seeing him play for as long as he can in the red & white. "

I think per the American system - Once a Captain you remain a Captain forever - with the respect and honour that comes with the Title.

Never truer than for Adam Goodes ATGC (All Time Great Captain)