Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AJ ruptured ACL ?

What a shame for the young bloke. Having been in the knee recon club myself, it's a @@@@@ of an injury. I wonder if he'll go LARS or traditional??
    Last edited by goswannie14; 11th March 2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: swear filter
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Rotten luck for AJ. The last official club game he played for us in 2012 was rather exceptional. Speculation on his position can go on another thread. On this one I'd just like to say 'Best of luck for a full and speedy recovery AJ. I wish you well'.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Hope that the news is better in the morning after scans!

Speedy recovery AJ

Rod_

Watching it in the replay, it looks so innocuous. is it a sliding doors moment or was his number up? I can't help wondering if he had kicked it a slightly differently earlier in the quarter would play taken a different direction and he's be happy AJ today? Or has it been weakening over the last few days, weeks, months, a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Allymay View Post
    What a shame for the young bloke. Having been in the knee recon club myself, it's a p&$%k of an injury. I wonder if he'll go LARS or traditional??
    My moneys on a Lars, our club seems to really favour it.
    If they did go for a Lars, barring any complications that would have him back around the same time as Tippett becomes available I would think.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Get well soon AJ.

I don't think Horse will look for a like for like replacement (just for the record I think Ted is the closest like for like ATM).
    I think he will just pick the best 22 and go from there.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I don't think Horse will look for a like for like replacement ....... I think he will just pick the best 22 and go from there.
    Agree, we don't have a like for like so we'll just pick the best back six for the task at hand that week. Armstrong has been very impressive in the NAB Cup and must be first choice to slot in, Rampe will probably get a run too.

Really need to get some of the other injured players back soon. Can the footy gods please smile on Tom Mitchell, please, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Watching it in the replay, it looks so innocuous. is it a sliding doors moment or was his number up? I can't help wondering if he had kicked it a slightly differently earlier in the quarter would play taken a different direction and he's be happy AJ today? Or has it been weakening over the last few days, weeks, months, a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.
    I heard Clarkson being interviewed about Suckling, who also did his knee. He reckons young players are particularly vunreable to ACL injuries early in the season.

He reckons there legs get hardened over the course of the playing season, which gives much better support to the knee, and that makes them much less susceptible to ACLs.

Not sure if stats back him up or not, but I suspect he's checked. It certainly gives a answer to why these innocuous looking incidents turn out so bad.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I heard Clarkson being interviewed about Suckling, who also did his knee. He reckons young players are particularly vunreable to ACL injuries early in the season.

He reckons there legs get hardened over the course of the playing season, which gives much better support to the knee, and that makes them much less susceptible to ACLs.

Not sure if stats back him up or not, but I suspect he's checked. It certainly gives a answer to why these innocuous looking incidents turn out so bad.
    The word is that Suckling will be opting for a traditional reco as the club believes it is the best option for a young player who should have a long career ahead of him.

Very sad firstly for AJ and also team and club, hope treatment and recovery go well. A classic bloods player who goes about his job with no fuss week in week out and generally beats his opponent.

It will be interesting to see how the defence goes without him. His versatility and consistency will make him really hard to replace. I agree with other posts about like for like replacements, I don't think there is anyone on the list who can fill his shoes, it will be just a matter of pushing the next defender in line up and reshuffling from there.

bugger bugger bugger.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    I would just like to add that AJ is about the best young footballer that I have ever seen at his age to slot straight into a top side's 22. Certainly in the red and white. His coolness under pressure, reading of the play, adherence to the game plan and running ability are nothing short of sensational.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast