Thread: Trial Match reports

Trial Match reports

Most clubs are now in their trial stage of the season. Any reports?

A quick look at some games this week saw (Correct me if I am wrong):

Nor-West have a win over Eastlakes 2/3's
    St George account for Parramatta (I think)
    Warriors beat a depleted Killarney Vale squad.
    East Coast V Wollongong (?)
    AFL (NSW/ACT/Magic) V Warners Bay (?)
    Moorebank V Kiama (?)

Any others?

Almost Football Legend
    North Shore had a trial in Canberra against Queanbeyan. I've heard that the Bombers were well beaten, but enjoyed testing themselves against last year's NEAFL Eastern premiers.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 11th March 2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: correct spelling error

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

apparently Wollongong smashed, not to sure of score but combination of neafl and syd afl

Warming the Bench
    Eagles over Wollongong by 190+ points. Eagles played 12 of their NEAFL side so not an easy game for the Lions

We had a good hitout in hot conditions at Bensons against Eastlake's lower grades. We had 27 on the track which is promising, but shows we couldn't field 2 teams this year. Thankfully, Eastlake didn't bring any NEAFL cattle with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    Eagles over Wollongong by 190+ points. Eagles played 12 of their NEAFL side so not an easy game for the Lions
    There was alot more than 12 Tim. There was only about 6-8 Prem Players in a squad of 24 from what i heard. Also included Buchanon, Dragga, Stubbs kicked at least 10 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    There was alot more than 12 Tim. There was only about 6-8 Prem Players in a squad of 24 from what i heard. Also included Buchanon, Dragga, Stubbs kicked at least 10 also.
    I heard 15 from a NEAFL player that played in the game. i guess it depends if they were the NWAFL team or NEAFL squad.

well a few players in there from neafl sure wasnt unexpected.

Just can see the difference between Neafl and Syd Prems.

North Shore got smacked as well apparently as well.Not sure of that score

Warming the Bench
    Thanks for clarifying Nuttsy. Does it matter the exact amount? If you want the exact number then I can advise that 10 walk up start NEAFL players didnt play so deduct that from the squad that played.

My main point was that it was always going to be a bit tough for the Gong and not a true reflection of them for this year. They will be around 5th-7th this year if they can keep a fit and healthy squad

Sweet home Novacastria
    According to the BDAFL website Warners Bay beat Blacktown comfortably. Interestingly it seems there are no goal post pads in all of Sydney, as brother Northern had to lug WBays pads all the way to Sydney for the game.

Women's trial

Not sure how many are interested, but I umpired Sydney Uni v Belconnen last Saturday. The magpies got up 29-27 but it was a good display from Sydney Uni with a lot of their senior players missing and 8 others following coach Krissie Steen to UNSW.

From all reports, numbers are very good for all women's teams.

There are several trials this weekend. Wests v UTS is one I know of.

We lost by a kick to HMAS Albatross down at Nowra on the weekend, by all accounts the boys had a good game in tough conditions against the big pussers. I was at a bloody wedding.....right on the cusp of footy season. The missus got lucky there.