Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Power practice match

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    My A key is broken
    Your A key, A key heart.

Ugg, what's an ersatz?

Is the game being streamed anywhere. Surely Koch would have set something up.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

[QUOTE=ugg;606309]My A key is broken

/QUOTE]

It popped out and everyone heard it, and Goodesy came over to see if you were OK? It's a familiar story.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Out: Johnson (PCL), Pyke (pregnancy), Richards (ankle)
    Hope Pyke is ok. Can be up to nine months I hear?

My A key is broken
    Completely understandable then...

...hang on a minute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Today's finicky point: Didn't Johnson do his ACL?
    That's was so cruel! PCL would have been such a different scenario ... possible non-op, potentially easy fix with LARS ... you built my hopes up for the duration of half a dozen posts!

Armstrong? Rampe? Backline players aren't they? Smooch and Marty back too. No dramas.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

It's Pooort, do we even need a backline?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    1 week out, and with Richards missing (and of course AJ), it would seem LRT is destined to bolster the defence.

By my reckoning, that leaves only quality forwards in Reid, Goodes and McGlynn.

With Pyke also missing this week, ruck/forward tall will be shared by Mumford, White and Walsh.

All the midfield champions will start, and that means we will (again) be counting on them for plenty of the scoring.
    I am not convinced by Tommy as a forward. I don't think he pulls the overhead marks in enough. Sort of scratching my head about him coming back in to the 'A' Grade after being out with a back strain and Morton playing reserves. I saw Tommy play a couple of games at Full Back on big opposition last year and he was pretty good, maybe time to try him out with teddy out. Interesting Alex Brown, Dean Towers and Jordan Lockyer all get a go. Jordan would have to improve a hell of a lot to get AJ's spot. Tony A and Dane R are both in and have the best chance I would think. Good to see Alex Brown in the mix after so many injuries.

My A key is broken

Think Walsh might get a run in defence this week? Or will Lockyer or Brown be the ersatz replacement for Teddy?
    i think jordie is a bit on the short side Ugg but Brown maybe. I sould like to see Tommy in the backline just to have a look at him. He played a couple of games in the Twos at FB and was pretty good. They were the right type, big, strong forwards, not too fast, Jonno Brown types.

If only one could judge a player by their physique and get Tommy to play sans shirt, he would be a moral. Unfortunately they do insist the boys cover up. Don't know if he is going to blitz them, but it won't be for lack of endeavour. He does work.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    i think jordie is a bit on the short side Ugg but Brown maybe. I sould like to see Tommy in the backline just to have a look at him. He played a couple of games in the Twos at FB and was pretty good. They were the right type, big, strong forwards, not too fast, Jonno Brown types.
    Brown and Lockyer are the same height.

it is funny how certain players look way taller or shorter then they are

Rampe at 189cm vs Mattner at 188cm look chalk and cheese !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    If only one could judge a player by their physique and get Tommy to play sans shirt, he would be a moral. Unfortunately they do insist the boys cover up. Don't know if he is going to blitz them, but it won't be for lack of endeavour. He does work.
    Yes he does but I still think he may be a other in the forward who makes it as a backman like Reg.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast