Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Power practice match

Regardless of their SANFL history it's not a great growth move for Port to claim it so loudly. Anyone in Adelaide outside of Port Adelaide hates Port. Except my brother in law who I can't believe scraped his way into the family. There potential market outside Adelaide is close to nil. Fringe players have to go back and play for teams like Sturt or Norwood or Wests who all loath the Port Adelaide culture. If they make the Port team they have to shift cultures moving back and forward. SA and WA fans and the 'new' start up clubs are, I think, rightly suspicious of the VFL-centric AFL culture.

Besides that no worries about a lukewarm pre-season, looking forward to a typically stressful ride through another fine season!

Great to see SANFL wars breaking out on RWO.

The messy Port Power-Magpies relationship over the last 15 years is symbolic of the SANFL's unsustainable structure - in footy and financial terms. Sturt was on the verge of closing its doors permanently over summer. Westies apparently not much better off. I'd hate sad to see any club disappear - even the Magpies.

On the upside, it's great for the Swans that the Crows and Port don't have their own reserves side.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Great to see SANFL wars breaking out on RWO.

The messy Port Power-Magpies relationship over the last 15 years is symbolic of the SANFL's unsustainable structure - in footy and financial terms. Sturt was on the verge of closing its doors permanently over summer. Westies apparently not much better off. I'd hate sad to see any club disappear - even the Magpies.

On the upside, it's great for the Swans that the Crows and Port don't have their own reserves side.
    You clearly are more in touch than me. I believe Norwood, a traditional power to rival Port, almost caved a few years ago. This is muchly on the back of the Crows I suppose. It would be sad. I was so pleased to go to the Parade Oval and watch some good footy, a decent crowd, and enjoy a proper Coopers in a can.

Does that mean our own dodgy reserves situation is not that unique?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    To deny the Sydney Swans is not the same club as the old South Melbourne Football Club is to claim that the Western Bulldogs are not the same club as the old Footscray FFC or that North Melbourne was not North Melbourne when they changed their name to simply The Kangaroos.
    Your preaching to the choir there Pal, it's the National Sports Museum and the Swans themselves that seem unclear on our history.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011