Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Loyalty Cocktail Function tonight.

Melbourne Loyalty Cocktail Function tonight.

Thanks for the update Scott, some excellent tidbits in there. How is invitation determined?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Thanks for the update Scott, some excellent tidbits in there. How is invitation determined?
    It's a 5 year loyalty function.
    So you have to have been a member for 5 years AND be over 18.

I forgot to mention about AJ. He is booked in to have his surgery on Monday. LARS or Not LARS.
    He still hasn't decided, but Dr Gibbs has gone through all the pros and cons with him and he is at home with his parents mulling it over.
    Although, Ireland did speak highly of all the LARS benfits, less intrusive, and that non LARS is no guarantee. see Moribito etc.
    Also Luke Ball is having hamstring issues, as this is where they take the tendon from for the knee.
    I remember Luke Darcy had massive hamstring issues after his knee reco.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks Scott - we didn't get an invite either, but probably couldn't have gone anyway. Sounds like a great night.
    I'm impressed with our off-field leadership. Richard C has gone public about his battle with depression but remains a fine leader, seems to choose his fights with some care and gets attention when he does speak. We benefit from their time in their positions, the detail they command and their capacity to keep their eye on the big picture at the same time.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    I'd be checking up on that Don to see why you didn't get an invite.
    But then if everyone who was supposed to get an invite did get one, and went, it would have been very, very squashy in that room.

They had set up a "memorabilia" display of the 2005 and 2012 GF's.
    Books, photos, news paper clippings, fixtures, etc.
    For 2012 they also had the original team fixture sheet submitted at 1pm on the 29/9/2012.
    And the original official score sheets for each of the Finals games.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    We used to be in the top quartile for footy dept's environments, but have slipped back into the back, so they are looking at lifting that.
    What does that mean? That the offices are looking shabby and need a lick of paint? Or something more substantial?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    What does that mean? That the offices are looking shabby and need a lick of paint? Or something more substantial?
    He was referring to training facilities.
    With free agency if players are looking around, training facilities plays a huge part in the decision making of the player.
    I guess with the Pies upgrading there facilities in the last couple of years, and other clubs spending up on this area we've fallen behind.

I knew there was something else interesting to mention on the Tippett saga.
    The Swans had planned early in to make room for a Free agency Player if one became available to them.
    They already had some room in the cap, they let go 5 players which freed up $700K and there was a $900K(?) increase in the salary cap, so the COL was never really an issue.

Also on the COL, Sydney is 15% dearer (They and AFL have the proof), they get 9% extra, which after tax is a lot less (Can't remember the number). The AFL see where this money is going, so they can't stockpile it and buy a marquee player as has been suggested.

My mail is that there were too many 5+ year members. So they just picked some random year numbers. For example, if you are a 7 year member you may have been invited but you could've missed out as an 8 year member.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

In Sydney its in seven year increments after you have been a member for 14 years. You guys are spoilt!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    My mail is that there were too many 5+ year members. So they just picked some random year numbers. For example, if you are a 7 year member you may have been invited but you could've missed out as an 8 year member.
    You're probably right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    In Sydney its in seven year increments after you have been a member for 14 years. You guys are spoilt!
    Spoilt!! Us??

Blog Entries
    Mitchell was also mentioned.
    He's trained in the biggest block he has been able to since arriving at the club.
    All going well sounded like he might get a gig this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    So spoilt we get a whole 4 games this year.........but i'm not bitter and twisted....much.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Thanks Scott - we didn't get an invite either, but probably couldn't have gone anyway. Sounds like a great night.
    I'm impressed with our off-field leadership. Richard C has gone public about his battle with depression but remains a fine leader, seems to choose his fights with some care and gets attention when he does speak. We benefit from their time in their positions, the detail they command and their capacity to keep their eye on the big picture at the same time.
    I was there and have to say I was very impressed with our off-field leaders - a shrewd and committed bunch. Approachable as well - very happy to chat one on one with the members. I came away more convinced than ever that the club is in excellent hands.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast