Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom MItchell

He has been on the list for a while now (and the year before joining the Swans, had a light year at our request I suggest...) He needs to play footy!

My calculation is that this is his third year of little football. Definitely needs to be managed and grow into a mans body, however at some stage he will need to play 5+ games in a row in the seconds before being considered for the firsts.

I understand the need to allow him to be fit to play 10 years. However don't want the raiders from other clubs to be after him before he has played for the Swans.

Hope we see some full games soon!

Did we sign him for 4 years and if so is that 2 years to go?? or ??

Rod_

Mitchells only had one season on the list. Hes too talented from all accounts to not invest at least three or four years in.

Agree that he will need more thna 5 games and more likely 10 -15 games before he is considered for firsts.

There's no point in rushing him as there's really not a spot for him in the seniors now anyway. We probably would like to see how Jed Lamb goes in the senior side as well before giving Tom a go.

Having said that, I would imagine we would like to see Tom get a few senior games before the year is out. His value will come in the post Jude/Ryan Sydney Swans.

Just wild about Harry
    We gave him $1mil to get his signature, so I am hoping there is going to be a payoff somewhere. At the moment I am more than a bit worried, especially by the lack of comment from the club. I wonder if we are heading for a quiet delisting some time?

Goes up to 11
    [QUOTE=Dosser;607149I wonder if we are heading for a quiet delisting some time?[/QUOTE]

No.

Tom Mitchell

Any news on Tom Mitchell? Where he's at? Any injuries? When he's likely to debut?

Also, Tim Membrey kicking six goals on the weekend! Wouldn't mind seeing him play aswell!

he wont be another fitzgerald !

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There's no point in rushing him as there's really not a spot for him in the seniors now anyway. We probably would like to see how Jed Lamb goes in the senior side as well before giving Tom a go.

Having said that, I would imagine we would like to see Tom get a few senior games before the year is out. His value will come in the post Jude/Ryan Sydney Swans.
    Assuming that Parker ends up as a permanent fixture in our top 22 that still includes Jude Bolton, then surely Mitchell will be the heir apparent to Bolton. I'd doubt that there is any consideration of Lamb vs Mitchell - I think when Mitchell is ready, they will find space for him. His limited runs in reserves last year showed just how good he will be. He just has to get his body right and up for the rigours of AFL footy, and when that happens he will soon find himself on the team sheet.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Assuming that Parker ends up as a permanent fixture in our top 22 that still includes Jude Bolton, then surely Mitchell will be the heir apparent to Bolton. I'd doubt that there is any consideration of Lamb vs Mitchell - I think when Mitchell is ready, they will find space for him. His limited runs in reserves last year showed just how good he will be. He just has to get his body right and up for the rigours of AFL footy, and when that happens he will soon find himself on the team sheet.
    Lamb & Mitchell play such different footy. Lamb has the strength to play like Joey whereas Mitchell is more like a Parker/Jude model but totally controls play like Joey once outside. Lamb will do amazing things around goal whereas Mitchell will be one of the people ensuring the forwards get the chance to do amazing things around goal and he will kick the occasional goal himself. He got nearly 40 possies in one game last year and showed just a bit of what he can do. On that note Dosser there is no way he will be delisted, far too much talent and his soft tissue injuries will come good as his body develops.

Just wild about Harry
    Thanks mate. Down here we hear nothing about him, so we rely on your analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Thanks mate. Down here we hear nothing about him, so we rely on your analysis.
    I wouldn't rely too much on part of that analysis though. At this stage of his career, the only similarity between Lamb and Joey is they are both popular at the petting zoo...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Tom Mitchell is scheduled to play a half game this weekend, according to Lee Tudor interview on SEN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast