Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your feelings on the eve of the season?

I feel despair
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

we went away last year in the finals series for a family holiday with a few other families to Flinders Ranges.

Massive drive all over 18hrs ! and a few stops along the way and back.

Wonderful holiday and had an awesome time stopping in on a few great old country towns such as Broken Hill etc etc

We watched two games in Nyngan of all places on stop overs there and back

On the way home we had to leave Broken Hill at 730am to zip across to Nyngan to ensure we saw the GF from the first minute of play.

We got to the Nyngan RSL and the reception on the big TV screen was crap. After a few minutes we ran across the road to the PUB.

There was myself and two Swans fans who i went on holidays with........believe it or not 3 Hawks fans were in the bar already !

We had the best afternoon............stirring each other a little but all in good fun.........the afternoon was a long one but i do remember arriving back at the RSL for a Chicken Parmi and chips and salad later that evening.

So the moral to the story was that we promised each other that we would drive back to Nyngan and watch round 1 in 2013............and if we couldnt keep that promise logistically due to our kids sports on weekends etc then we will back in Nyngan for the weekend in the first round of the finals to watch the mighty Swans.

I am so pumped for round 1 but even more excited for the first real game against the Cats in rd 4 !!!

PUMPED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

I'm feeling erotic
    -

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Nice story Auntie.Gerald - well done!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

GF replay 2012 on now !!!!!!!!!!!! fox 504

my living room feels strangely like a pub in Nyngan !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    We're still Premiers right? Regardless of how we go this year we should be going into the season excited, pumped up and ready to cheer our boys on no matter what. Every time we watch them play a game this year they'll be playing as the Premiers. In an 18 team competition that's going to be harder and harder to do. 17 clubs are not Premiers - we are. Let's be positive, enthusiastic and proud Swans fans. The coaching staff and the board knew what they were doing last year, and my suspicion is that they haven't forgotten how to do it in one off-season.

Go Swans!!!!
    Spot on Doc

A little underdone at the moment but I believe Horse will ask the fitness people to step up the level a bit this week and in increments every week until at optimum. Ithink the draw is a good one for a team that is not quite at optimum fitness level and will be getting closer by the week. In 2006 we lost four of the first five and played much stronger sides than we are up against this year in the first five. But we won the next six. So even if we drop an early game or two we should be hitting optimum fitness by around round six and later in the season the other sides who peak early will be starting to tire. They are at optimum and will probably peak mid season we will peak late in the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12