Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your feelings on the eve of the season?

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar

What's your feelings on the eve of the season?

No more practice games left, it's time to play for 4 points now.

After an amazing 2012, which saw us sit on top of the ladder for about half the season, beat our bogey teams in the finals and finished with a premiership win, how are you feeling now?

Do you enjoy being the team to beat or are we so used to being the underdogs and love proving the critics wrong?
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Mixed feelings. Reigning premiers, but I think we'll struggle early and have abig second half of the season, so by round 6 I expect us to be underdogs again, premiership hangover, whatever the haters care to say. Then we'll click into gear and roll them all after about round 8
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Mixed feelings. Reigning premiers, but I think we'll struggle early and have abig second half of the season, so by round 6 I expect us to be underdogs again, premiership hangover, whatever the haters care to say. Then we'll click into gear and roll them all after about round 8
    I agree we may start slow and like last year we need to build momenteum it may take 5 or 6 rounds depending on injuries, imho we are definate top 4 and anything can happen from there... The really exciting thing for me is Tippett in for 2nd half of the season, not a bad inclusion to look forward too.

Cheers

waz

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I agree we may start slow and like last year we need to build momenteum it may take 5 or 6 rounds depending on injuries, imho we are definate top 4 and anything can happen from there... The really exciting thing for me is Tippett in for 2nd half of the season, not a bad inclusion to look forward too.

Cheers

waz
    Getting Rohan back at some stage would be nice too

Wouldnt that be special Tippett, Rohan and AJ back late in the season.

Hey swans you follow the SANFL?

Cheers

waz

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Our draw might say otherwise, if we cant beat both GWS and Gold Coast (especially with the unfurling the flag) then yes there is a major hangover happening, regardless of the development of those 2 teams. I would also expect to beat north, we are a class above them IMO. From there who knows. It is just hard to gauge because we have never taken the preseason seriously so cant go by that form. Time will tell.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I hope we don't take the opening games for granted, and fortunately with Horse we won't.
    Expect us to be top 4-5 for most of the season and come home stronger than we started. The best chance to go back to back of any team since Geelong in 2008!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

We're still Premiers right? Regardless of how we go this year we should be going into the season excited, pumped up and ready to cheer our boys on no matter what. Every time we watch them play a game this year they'll be playing as the Premiers. In an 18 team competition that's going to be harder and harder to do. 17 clubs are not Premiers - we are. Let's be positive, enthusiastic and proud Swans fans. The coaching staff and the board knew what they were doing last year, and my suspicion is that they haven't forgotten how to do it in one off-season.

Go Swans!!!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Talk about us taking games for granted leaves me puzzled. Just when has this outfit ever done that?

Re: What's your feelings on the eve of the season?

Unless we beat GWS by 63 points I'm giving up on this year.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Just watched a replay of the Grand Final on CH 7.

Just as exiting the 10th time

If that doesn't get a Swans supporter up for the new season then nothing will !

Pumped and ready to rumble !!

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Talk about us taking games for granted leaves me puzzled. Just when has this outfit ever done that?
    When we play Richmond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast