Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In and outs season 2013

Withers, edwins, pirika some handy ins for ctown. Improved list coming together there.

Quote Originally Posted by chatovadafloor View Post
    Here we go again....

Balmain 25/ 12
    C/town 14 / 13
    Illawarra 15 / 25
    North Shore 14 / 21
    PHills 7 / 25
    Eagles 21 / 21
    Syd Uni 18 / 29
    Easts 13 / 27
    uts 4 / 34
    magpies 6 / 15
    manly 3 / 16
    dragons 4 / 16

Not to much movement, same trends, Balmain looking like more outs than ins which i dont think is a major suprise, rest either evens with in and outs or more ins.
    it's good that you're doing those hard yards for us CHATTO....saves us doing it ourselves !
    Most of the INs for Penno and Norths are kids graduating so the figures are a bit skewed. But there's a couple of names that ring a vague bell.
    I like what you picked up about Campbelltown - Withers and Edwins back and Pirika in. I saw Pirika play NEAFL last year and he looked like he could be a handy footballer. And Withers and Edwins are great pickups for a very young side like CT.
    CT has been a basket case for a couple of years and it would be great for the comp if they went ok. And it's good for the 'south-west' if CT and Camden both go ok.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    it's good that you're doing those hard yards for us CHATTO....saves us doing it ourselves !
    Most of the INs for Penno and Norths are kids graduating so the figures are a bit skewed. But there's a couple of names that ring a vague bell.
    I like what you picked up about Campbelltown - Withers and Edwins back and Pirika in. I saw Pirika play NEAFL last year and he looked like he could be a handy footballer. And Withers and Edwins are great pickups for a very young side like CT.
    CT has been a basket case for a couple of years and it would be great for the comp if they went ok. And it's good for the 'south-west' if CT and Camden both go ok.
    Mate Chris Bolt to Wests is a massive in for there club he a indigenous rep footballer who can play full forward,full back ,and Ruck great talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
    Mate Chris Bolt to Wests is a massive in for there club he a indigenous rep footballer who can play full forward,full back ,and Ruck great talent.
    Yes BS, and I missed that one too - thanks.
    Played well in the PD finals last year at BISP. He'd be a big fish in a small pond at Wests I reckon but he seemed to have the nous to bring others into the play. Strong mark too.
    Wests have done well to pick him up. But he's yet another refugee from the Dockers and you wonder how they are going to replenish their stocks this year. They played at Henson on the weekend and someone told me that they didn't look like much.

Def distorted list with juniors but trends still same. Be a worry if balmain way to many outs and no gains this year, where is the pot of gold?

Def distorted list with juniors but trends still same. Be a worry if balmain way to many outs and no gains this year, where is the pot of gold?
    BIGSHOW walked and that was it really....over the cliff like lemmings after that.
    Ah well, there's always the Sports Club to bring in some cash.....

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    BIGSHOW walked and that was it really....over the cliff like lemmings after that.
    Ah well, there's always the Sports Club to bring in some cash.....
    Mate they are a very resilient and resourceful club and they will always fine a way to get by.yeah bolty will be top five every week at Wests and I wish him well in his footy career.

Withers, edwins, pirika some handy ins for ctown. Improved list coming together there.
    A few more to come also

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    A few more to come also
    Heard Salem Kassem is heading back to Wests.

The Auburn project looking quite doomed, especially give they are likey to be cellar dwellers in D2 after being demoted, then promoted in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    A few more to come also
    be good for them, hopefully they get some more help out there and they will be competitive again.

be good for them, hopefully they get some more help out there and they will be competitive again.
    I genuinely hope so too, but from what I've read on here about U/18s and so on - which I know is only ever incontrovertible fact - I suspect its more of the same boom and bust cycle with the model they (necessity or choice I wouldn't know so not casting stones) operate, similar to Balmain and some other clubs. When there is some $ around they get a decent team together or at least get some decent players together - if that money is real they have a half decent season, if the $ runs out or they lose a lot of games, they have bust ups during the season or at end of season. I hope they are intent on building more than a house of cards this time, they need a long term plan and continuity of personnel - if they don't and Camden has a few good years as a club they will leap frog them in a few short years. I appreciate that it can't be easy out there with the lack of ex-pat Southerners that breeze in to clubs closer to the city every year. I hope though they make the sorts of changes St George made a few years ago soon - it might be a while before it delivers them Premierships but it almost always develops a more stable club base, i.e. longer term sustainability and success will come eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Heard Salem Kassem is heading back to Wests.
    The man is over 40yo and I wonder what hat he would wear at Wests....surely not as a PD player !
    I used to like watching him play but that was quite a long time ago - don't you think those legs of his are well past their prime ?

Perhaps he will bring a network of recruits, at Auburn's expense, and Wests would have to be pleased if it happened that way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast