Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teams RWOers Hate the Most thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Teams I hate are Essendon, Collingwood, and St Kilda, and I guess I hate Adelaide because their fans are feral, and WCE because of 2006 and their fans are feral too.

My most hated used to be Collingwood. I always said I'd rather Adelaide win 10 premierships than Collingwood 1. My measure of who I hate more is who would I barrack for on GF day.

In 2010 this all changed. Whilst I didn't barrack for Collingwood, I certainly didnt want St Kilda to win.

Have always hated St Kilda, I think its got a lot to do with the unbelievable arrogance of their supporters, and Big Al is spot on, it was on display for all to see before and during the game in both the 2004 final and 2005 Prelim.

They have always been arrogant, and the amazing thing is they have no right to be arrogant. 1 premiership in 130 years and even that is by the smallest of margins. Pathetic, annoying poor excuse for a sporting organisation, yet their fans are the perfect example of arrogance.

Great sledge for when we play them. If one of their supporters is becoming too vocal and the annoyance level is just a bit high for your liking, just remind them how pathetic their history is. Let fly with a subtle: "Sit down/shut up you idiot*, the goal umpire has more flags than you lot"

*the reference to idiot is optional
    Haha Doctor J that is gold! I shall have to store that in the memory bank, I'm sure it will get a work out soon enough, Saints fans are the worst.

My most hated changes from season to season, except for Carlton - I ALWAYS hate them, hate everything about them. My hatred increased when Judd joined them and has doubled now they have Malthouse. Their fans are pretty arrogant also - though at least they have some history. Adelaide have jumped up my ladder of hated teams also after all the crap and bad will about Tippett.
    Conversely, Saints have dropped down my list as I do like Scott Watters and TDL was a favourite of mine and I hope he goes gang busters with a regular senior gig, though I hate Reiwoldt and Milne and hope those two NEVER win a flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    St Kilda - Their stunning arrogance in the 05 PF stunned everyone that witnessed it. As I've learned this behaviour is normal for these people.
    They got to me at the game at Telstra Dome earlier in that year. Most arrogant supporters of a club that has achieved next to nothing. Interestingly I was talking to a guy who many years ago sold Footy Records at Moorabbin, he said they were arrogant then, seems to run in the genes.
    On the flip side ever since the Cats wore black arm bands for baby Luella I have admired that footy club. A class act if there ever was one.
    Living in Geelong, if I wasn't so one-eyed Swans, it would be easy to support them. I have met a number of their past and present players, they are really good people. A class act is a good description.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Carlton - as above (Rhys-Jones, Evans, Williams); PLUS they tried to have us dumped from the competition in the 90s to play ALL their away games in Sydney (thanks Collingwood for saving us that time); & their thuggery in the '45 Bloodbath grand final

Darn right. They hovered over us like vultures when we were struggling. They pinched disgruntled and homesick players and then waited for the club to die in the 90s. Bloodsucking cheats!

Living here in the west, definitely the Wet Toasters!! Big news story on channel 9 sports this evening was Dean Cox's new baby. Big deal!!!!
    Their supporters are even worse. Biggest bunch of bandwagon jumpers you can find. Got a bit of a soft spot for the Shockers though.

Probably Collingwood a close 2nd.
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Blog Entries
    ...snip... St Kilda - Their stunning arrogance in the 05 PF stunned everyone that witnessed it. As I've learned this behaviour is normal for these people. ...snip...
    This - Plus their incoherent rambling on their RWO equivalent (Saintsational) at the time. I always love going there after they lose. You can see the crap dribble from your screen.

I hate no other team in the league, We need competition, otherwise there would not be a premiership. But I sincerely couldn't give a rodents rectum if St Kilda folded away to nothing more than a bad memory overnight.

I must congratulate you on your restraint to still call them people though, Big Al. Mighty big of you. I wouldn't class them at our level - They are less than animals.

(Next I might tell you what I really think).

Just wild about Harry
    My dad always taught me that the next best thing to seeing your team win is seeing Collingwood lose. I am glad to say that I have handed those same sentiments to my kids. I dont know why, but I really hate St Kilda - I cant remember the games previously mentioned, but they must have done something to me (ie. existed) at some stage for me to feel this way. I think it started when they bumped along the bottom for a few years picking up draft picks and then completely failed to deliver. Knobs.
    On the other hand, I hate Essendon supporters (I used to be one before I voted for South to move north - maybe it is like an ex smoker sort of thing) and even having Matthew Llyod as my cousin still doesnt get them over the line with me.

1. Adelaide Crows - I was born and grew up in Adelaide and was a Norwood supporter. So Adelaide should be my 2nd team. But I hate them and their nasty supporters after their treatment of Tippett. I was delighted when Port Power beat them last weekend.

2. North Melbourne - the way their feral supporters carried on after Lindsay Thomas was reported for the sliding incident that broke Gary Rohan's leg, and then Thomas getting off, infuriated me.

3. Fremantle - any team that tolerates the behaviour of Hayden Ballantyne would be on my hate list.

Agree 1000% about Ballantyne he's a bit of a flea isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I do find something about Ross Lyon very irritating.
    The fact he left us or that Dempster & Schnider went too?

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Oh, how I fume when I think of how they disrespected my team, and me by proxy, by being bullies in a game played decades before I was born. Kill them all!
    Your sarcasm is not appreciated by those old enough to have been at that game! ... I'm not one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    1. Adelaide Crows - I was born and grew up in Adelaide and was a Norwood supporter. So Adelaide should be my 2nd team. But I hate them and their nasty supporters after their treatment of Tippett. I was delighted when Port Power beat them last weekend.

2. North Melbourne - the way their feral supporters carried on after Lindsay Thomas was reported for the sliding incident that broke Gary Rohan's leg, and then Thomas getting off, infuriated me.

3. Fremantle - any team that tolerates the behaviour of Hayden Ballantyne would be on my hate list.
    Absolutely!
    I would love to see how Kirky is handling that little grub

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    I would love to see how Kirky is handling that little grub
    I too have been wondering about that, all the more so as Ross Lyon is on the record encouraging Ballantyne's tactics.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast