Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teams RWOers Hate the Most thread

Teams RWOers Hate the Most thread

as I'm a new follower of the game I do not have a history of disliking a team, of course until now. I now have a dislike for Adelaide. Not sure if this is a positive thing but it felt good when they lost the other night. The dislike comes for how the club/players/fans treated Tippett. The Club had the final say on accepting the terms.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    as I'm a new follower of the game I do not have a history of disliking a team, of course until now. I now have a dislike for Adelaide. Not sure if this is a positive thing but it felt good when they lost the other night. The dislike comes for how the club/players/fans treated Tippett. The Club had the final say on accepting the terms.
    And the same club that taunted the our players at the airport before the Final last year.
    That worked out well for them!!

Everyone develops clubs they hate for different and personal reasons.
    Usually it's Collingwood.

I've only recently been able to get past Gary Lyon's comments after the Swans beat Melbourne maybe 20 years ago after we were winless for 20 rounds or so and he said "we played down to their level" or something like that when we clearly outclassed them on the day lol
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goes up to 11
    Not sure how long you've been following the game but you've taken it to another level now by developing a dislike for the Crows. Well done. Good reasons for not liking them too! They really haven't come out of this whole saga very well and they looked like they missed KT the other night too...

Senior Player
    The Club had the final say on accepting the terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    And the same club that taunted the our players at the airport before the Final last year.
    That worked out well for them!!
    In the interest of fairness, these two statements are untrue. Tippett wasn't a free agent, so Adelaide didn't have the option to meet the terms offered by Sydney - Tippett walked out on the offer from the Crows. Also, Adelaide FC had nothing to do with the choir at the airport - it was a radio prank, hence the choir needing a lyric sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Collingwood because they have stolen players from us for years (Rocca, Licuria, Greg Smith, Barry Mitchell, Jolly, Teasdale etc) - yes I am aware we've picked up some of their "discards"

Carlton - as above (Rhys-Jones, Evans, Williams); PLUS they tried to have us dumped from the competition in the 90s to play ALL their away games in Sydney (thanks Collingwood for saving us that time); & their thuggery in the '45 Bloodbath grand final

Adelaide because they make living in Adelaide insufferable for 9 months of the year. Apart from the Magpies, has there ever been a more ignorant, biased, loud mouthed group of fair weather supporters (tho to the Magpies credit, they are ignorant, biased and loud mouthed in ANY weather!) Ok, it's mostly the SA supporters with their inferiority streak.

GW$ - because they are GW$

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I think it might be fun to have a seperate teams we hate and why thread! Or would the majority prefer to pad out this Tippett thread?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Re: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I think it might be fun to have a seperate teams we hate and why thread! Or would the majority prefer to pad out this Tippett thread?
    Feel free to start one RnR... It could make interesting reading.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think it might be fun to have a seperate teams we hate and why thread! ...
    That sounds to me like a BF thread, I would like to think we (RWOer's) are better than that.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    That sounds to me like a BF thread, I would like to think we (RWOer's) are better than that.
    Don't judge a thread by it's title RogueSwan, if GoSwannies comments prove typical it may well prove a worthwhile and somewhat reflective topic. In any case I've asked a competent person to extract the relevent posts from this thread and place it in a new thread, so we'll see.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Don't judge a thread by it's title RogueSwan,...
    That's all I can go on at the moment.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Re: Tippett!!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    We are so that's why when I point out in the new thread that Collingwood and St Kilda supporters are arrogant tools I'll be as respectful as possible.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast