Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ins and Outs- Is there a club in NSW that has not been Pillaged?

Ins and Outs- Is there a club in NSW that has not been Pillaged?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Sorry to be pedantic, but as your name suggests, you are a student. So you won't mind me pointing out that irregardless is not a real word, the word is regardless.
    Irregardless is a pretty funny word though. Who knows, if enough people keep using it, it might become a real word. Mmmbop

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    I heard that they all came over for the free UAI points? I mean it wouldn't be because the players at the top end of the list want to play NEAFL, or an opportunity to play PD if you're on the fringe at another club, or that the club has six senior teams and gives 130 blokes a game each week, that everyone, irregardless of skill level or experience is welcomed to the club with open arms, that it is conveniently located for new transfers to Sydney, that it has an inclusive culture, or that the parents of the Colts players appreciate the fact their kids to be coached by a VFL legend in a supportive environment free of the politicking that goes on elsewhere. No, none of those things. It's because Sydney Uni is the worst, taking all of those players against their will and forcing them to play football. It's much easier for clubs to complain about people coming to play for SU than working out why and trying to do something about it.

Thanks to the OP for collating all the transfers into one place - should be helpful for learning names. If you've got that much spare time maybe you could come down and help out in the club's office? I hear its pretty busy with all the paperwork that needs to be registered for all the new transfers.
    Only 10 players this year who have experienced that inclusive culture , but decided to move on to another Sydney Club.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

I heard that they all came over for the free UAI points? I mean it wouldn't be because the players at the top end of the list want to play NEAFL, or an opportunity to play PD if you're on the fringe at another club, or that the club has six senior teams and gives 130 blokes a game each week, that everyone, irregardless of skill level or experience is welcomed to the club with open arms, that it is conveniently located for new transfers to Sydney, that it has an inclusive culture, or that the parents of the Colts players appreciate the fact their kids to be coached by a VFL legend in a supportive environment free of the politicking that goes on elsewhere. No, none of those things. It's because Sydney Uni is the worst, taking all of those players against their will and forcing them to play football. It's much easier for clubs to complain about people coming to play for SU than working out why and trying to do something about it.
    Wow, if I was going to make big statements like that then I reckon I'd do it after a WIN, but not after we got belted by one of last year's cellar dwellers !

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Irregardless is a pretty funny word though. Who knows, if enough people keep using it, it might become a real word. Mmmbop
    Funny is one way to describe it!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Thanks to the OP for collating all the transfers into one place - should be helpful for learning names. If you've got that much spare time maybe you could come down and help out in the club's office? I hear its pretty busy with all the paperwork that needs to be registered for all the new transfers.
    Someone took the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Wow, if I was going to make big statements like that then I reckon I'd do it after a WIN, but not after we got belted by one of last year's cellar dwellers !
    Why would a statement about how the club gives a game to everyone they can be better after a win or being tied up in the results of a single grade?

Keep up the good work at Sydney Uni, with six senior teams on the paddock each week you must be doing something right.

Not sure of the NEAFL is the right place for you to play given the salaries on offer at that level but respect for having a crack

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Keep up the good work at Sydney Uni, with six senior teams on the paddock each week you must be doing something right.

Not sure of the NEAFL is the right place for you to play given the salaries on offer at that level but respect for having a crack
    It's good to be able to field six teams per week, but there is a cost to that...insurance, subbs, jumpers, bandages, ground hire, umpires. Not to mention the difficulty of supporting each team with coaches, managers, paramedics and volunteers.

It seems that every SFL club is on a strict budget (or running at a loss), so they can't just magic up new teams just because the players walk through the door.
    All credit to SydUni if they can fund six teams per week. But the funding for their NEAFL team is only short term so they need to make some judgement calls.
    But, hey, they're academics, so hard sums shouldn't be a problem !

Let's hope they can crack it for some wins to show that their policies are viable.

Funny is one way to describe it!
    Care when you try to assist the Uni Students, goswannie ... as Brad Scott pointed out to Nathan Buckley, it's not your place to cast dispersions!

... unless of course you are the Comptroller!

Sorry to be pedantic, but as your name suggests, you are a student. So you won't mind me pointing out that irregardless is not a real word, the word is regardless.
    No problem, what I should have said was 'irrespective' but thanks for pointing out my mistake in any case.

Am I to assume that you are either a Swan or 14 years of age as your name suggests?

I just love Sydney Uni...so cute ! But they live on a different planet from the rest of us - how about this from the coach after last weekend.....

"?The team understands that we did not play our best football and there are plenty of efficiencies to be gained in the group of 22 that pulled on the jumper, through sharpening some structural controllables.?

Wow, that's deep !

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    I just love Sydney Uni...so cute ! But they live on a different planet from the rest of us - how about this from the coach after last weekend.....

"?The team understands that we did not play our best football and there are plenty of efficiencies to be gained in the group of 22 that pulled on the jumper, through sharpening some structural controllables.?

Wow, that's deep !
    TRANSLATION:- the guys know they could have played better

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast