Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ins and Outs- Is there a club in NSW that has not been Pillaged?

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    I just love Sydney Uni...so cute ! But they live on a different planet from the rest of us - how about this from the coach after last weekend.....

"?The team understands that we did not play our best football and there are plenty of efficiencies to be gained in the group of 22 that pulled on the jumper, through sharpening some structural controllables.?

Wow, that's deep !
    They may well be struggling at NEAFL level ,but at the other end of the Club its comedy capers.
    A visit to St Pauls for a lower grade game last season was the most unorganised i have ever seen .

Perhaps one of the reasons why players are also leaving them in such large numbers. "Irregardless" of the club's chest beating spin on their supposed culture , 15 have left this year to other Sydney afl clubs. Only Balmain have lost similar numbers.
    What is it down that part of the world? Cant just be the fumes.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    They may well be struggling at NEAFL level ,but at the other end of the Club its comedy capers.
    A visit to St Pauls for a lower grade game last season was the most unorganised i have ever seen .

Perhaps one of the reasons why players are also leaving them in such large numbers. "Irregardless" of the club's chest beating spin on their supposed culture , 15 have left this year to other Sydney afl clubs. Only Balmain have lost similar numbers.
    What is it down that part of the world? Cant just be the fumes.

Skimming through the list, you'll find that a fair percentage of those who have transferred to other clubs haven't played with us for years. Why did they go to other clubs to resume their careers? Not sure, possibly the club isn't the right fit for them in terms of location, training nights or whatever. In any case I'm sure the club wishes them well in their future footballing endeavours.

As for Paul's - couldn't agree more. The act needs to be straightened up this year. It was farcical at times but we are working on it. On field I think things are going okay at that end, but when you are concerned with criticising other clubs I suppose you'll find things to pick holes in? Do you mind telling me what club you are involved with so that I can have a dip at it, because in my experience there are few clubs who are perfect.

On the Rookie List
    This is as futile an activity as the original. People leave football clubs for their own reasons. I concur with The Student a few of the clearances are blokes who haven't played for a few years and great to see them back in the game. Unless you ask the individual you can't identify the reasons for the move.
    Notwithstanding that, in the end the club fielded 6 senior sides and an U/18s on Saturday. This is a far cry from a club that was forfeiting reserve grade games in 1994 and had to voluntarily drop back into the SFA. Obviously, things are generally going OK.
    In effect what Benchwarmer has highlighted is logistically, providing a game to that many players, has its challenges. There is and always has been very little support from outside the playing group, as our club usually has a lot of out of towners. What support there is generally gets channelled towards the NEAFL because it appeals most to those who are prepared to give up their time. At times the level of organisation at Pauls is unacceptable however it would be a brave man to suggest it will ever be totally resolved. There will however, be anywhere up to 100 blokes haing a great time playing football, which is sort of what we reckon the point of having the club is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post

As for Paul's - couldn't agree more. The act needs to be straightened up this year. It was farcical at times but we are working on it. On field I think things are going okay at that end, but when you are concerned with criticising other clubs I suppose you'll find things to pick holes in? Do you mind telling me what club you are involved with so that I can have a dip at it, because in my experience there are few clubs who are perfect.
    We've always liked going to No1 oval....best pie & sauce in Sydney footy.
    And I appreciate your point about how none of our clubs are exactly "perfect". But a few of us visiting clubs believe that it would be good if your "Inclusive culture" could be extended to "include" a timekeeper.

STUDENT, it sounds like you're on the case and I hope this will be on your bucket list.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 8th April 2013 at 10:05 PM.

I don't know much detail about this......but I see that Luke Gemmill played Div1 MacUni last weekend, got a clearance during the week and played NEAFL for the Eagles at the SCG on Friday night against the Swans reserves.
    And was named one of the best players.

The boy's on FIRE !!!!!!

Anyone know more about this ?

And a kid called James Behagg who someone told me about. Comes from Manly juniors I think. He played for Swans Reserves on Friday night as a topup.
    As far as I know he's never played at a higher level than Sydney under-age before Friday night. Quite an achievement
    Anyone know any more about that ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    And a kid called James Behagg who someone told me about. Comes from Manly juniors I think. He played for Swans Reserves on Friday night as a topup.
    As far as I know he's never played at a higher level than Sydney under-age before Friday night. Quite an achievement
    Anyone know any more about that ?
    Club umpired a few games where he did well. Mind u wasn't manned up on by our boys. Given due respect I should say. Didn't strike me as that good but was their go to man thru half back. Good luck to him will be a good experience

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123