Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 2: UWS Giants v Sydney Swans Reserves

Love your work Ressies watchers. Really happy to hear Mitch is looking hungry. I feel it in my bones that he is an X-factor that we need in the 1s.

I thought Lamby was good while he was on the park. I also thought Biggs played quite well. Lloyd was pretty good too. I think they had more listed players playing than us as we still have a couple injured and they have a bigger list.

Drey, Jesse & MM were all good. I thought Birdie had a few moments but looked a bit slow and not quite fit. His delivery was off too. Young Richards & Lockyer were pretty good. I like Xav, he has a pretty safe pair of hands and is pretty good on the spoil. Pity about him needing contacts LOL. I thought Robinson did it in bursts but obviously nobody noticed him and I think that is because he wasn't consistently getting ball.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I thought Robinson did it in bursts but obviously nobody noticed him and I think that is because he wasn't consistently getting ball.
    I also noticed him doing a few nice things, did you think he looked far more under-developed than the other rookies?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I also noticed him doing a few nice things, did you think he looked far more under-developed than the other rookies?
    Point. Could be behind in physical development, but then again what is 'behind'? Its all down to genetics. Xie isn't exactly sprouting guns yet. Just has some self confidence .

They are kids though in their first "nearly there" afl game and it is unfair to compare some of these kids who are the same age as say Tim Membry who has been blessed by nature to be gunned up and bodily ready to go, or say Luke Parker (ditto). Compare them with the stick insect that is Jetts, or the runner that is Rohan, and you can get into quite a mess trying to compare body shapes with ability.

That's what makes RessieWatching so entertaining. You just cannot be absolutely sure how much obvious physical development matters when compared with ability to say read the play. I am more and more of the opinion that things go on that the Watchers don't "get". I like if and how the boys are following instructions. They tend to stand out more when they are not following the game plan.

Interesting group of young fellas. Lots to look at and lots to like. Its going to be fun this season.
    Last edited by Primmy; 3rd April 2013 at 02:23 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234