He is hands down the worst and most irritating commentator
    No way. McAvaney is by far the worst.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Re: Melbourne media at it again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    No way. McAvaney is by far the worst.
    Eddie Maguire....
    Game Over, I win.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    While on Zempilas, I find him the most predictable, boring caller in the game. Does not have the slightest insight into the game...keeps telling us what we are looking at. Callers need some insight, some perceptions of trends, some vision beyond the man with the ball...oh, and, in his case, a better understanding of the rules.
    Me too
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Zemplas is challenging Derrrrrrwayne for worst caller IMHO. I'd give him half a break if he just knew the players names. Now whilst some are screeching about VIC bias etc, he was also regularly fluffing North players names.

I listened to the first 15mins of 3AW's call with Boomer Harvey in the box with them. Wow that was a biased love fest, especially with them playing well early. Bet it become an awkward call in the 3rd!

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    I listened to the first 15mins of 3AW's call with Boomer Harvey in the box with them. Wow that was a biased love fest, especially with them playing well early. Bet it become an awkward call in the 3rd!
    774 3LO? My son had to turn it off because of Harvey clapping in the background. Very complimentary to the Swans in the after-game discussion apparently.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Eddie Maguire....
    Game Over, I win.
    Agree entirely.

As Tim Watson once put it, he has no objection to Eddie calling Collingwood games on the grounds that he's the President, he thinks Eddie shouldn't call because he's not a very good caller.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

I die a little when Roosey commentates. On and on and on and not what is happening there and then on the ground. Insight is very welcome. Ten minute lecture is not, especially when special play out there is ignored.

On another note, I tweeted Schwatta to ask Nathan Brown why he so obviously hates the Swans so much; lets see if I get a rise out of it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Warming the Bench
    I am so astounded, I have just heard one of the commentators commenting after the Hawthorn win over the Magpies say, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE AFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also heard them say earlier, they had so many more inside 50's against the swans in the grand final, but inaccurate.

Anyway we will just go about it quitely again lol. Win the one that matters lol

Quote Originally Posted by juliec View Post
    I am so astounded, I have just heard one of the commentators commenting after the Hawthorn win over the Magpies say, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE AFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also heard them say earlier, they had so many more inside 50's against the swans in the grand final, but inaccurate.

Anyway we will just go about it quitely again lol. Win the one that matters lol
    I had a similar reaction last night when watching After The Bounce (I think). Someone called West Coast a Top 4 side? Not only are they NOT currently a top 4 side, they haven't been at all so far this season nor where they last season either.

No. The worst commentator by far is Dwayne Russell. Banal, cliched, formulaic, bombastic. Where a Richie Benaud would remain silent, Dwayne fills the silence with boring factoids about players' families or junior clubs. He has a stock of hackneyed phrases he draws on at will, but which add nothing to the atmosphere of the telecast: "biggest lead of the game so far" (before the first quarter is over); "as good as it gets" (every time someone kicks an along-the-ground goal from somewhere near the boundary); "spectacular!" (when something spectacular happens, and sometimes when it doesn't); and so on ad nauseam. His robotic delivery reminds me of an old animated character from the 80s called Max Headroom, or maybe Kryten from Red Dwarf. Awful.

Re: Melbourne media at it again!!!

I miss Clynton!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Swan View Post
    Some of us don't have the luxury of choice. Up my way we are stuck with the Neanderthal drivel of the not quite National Rugby League Footy Show. In this day and age, surely the Melbourne version cold be played on GEM?
    Not sure if this helps, but you can record FOOTY CLASSIFIED @ midnight on Gem Monday night. It's a whole lot more sensible than the Footy Show and you don't have to put up with Sam Newman

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast