Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne media at it again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but you can record FOOTY CLASSIFIED @ midnight on Gem Monday night. It's a whole lot more sensible than the Footy Show and you don't have to put up with Sam Newman
    I'd rather put up with Sam than Caroline Wilson. pathetic excuse for a journalist that one.

That said, it is a good show.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Regular in the Side

The bloke on channel 7...McAveney I think

He drives me mad with his incessant determination to get his anecdotes / opinions heard even if others try & ignore him. Always thought he was more interested in his opinions & studied phrases than really a fan...then he admitted it in a recent article...his great love is racing...after retirement if it came to Flemington & the MCG he'd be at the races. Well why not do that right NOW.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I'd rather put up with Sam than Caroline Wilson. pathetic excuse for a journalist that one.

That said, it is a good show.
    How someone who knows nothing about the actual game and skills of football became the Chief Football Writer of The Age remains a mystery. She is a politics/entertainment/investigative writer. It may as well be Tiddlywinks or Synchronised Swimming for all the insight she brings to the game itself. Just look at her tipping results year after year if you think I'm being sexist. She won the Age comp about 5 years ago in the most topsy turvey season in history. Beyond that blip she has been a cellar dweller for many a year. It speaks volumes about her credibility. She spreads smear and innuendo and then excuses herself with weasel words.
    Last edited by Velour&Ruffles; 15th April 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    How someone who knows nothing about the actual game and skills of football became the Chief Football Writer of The Age remains a mystery. She is a politics/entertainment/investigative writer. It may as well be Tiddlywinks or Synchronised Swimming for all the insight she brings to the game itself. Just look at her tipping results year after year if you think I'm being sexist. She won the Age comp about 5 years ago in the most topsy turvey season in history. Beyond that blip she has been a cellar dweller for many a year. It speaks volumes about her credibility. She spreads smear and innuendo and then excuses herself with weasel words.
    So true, V&R. Reports about who is arguing with who, spreads gossip and who said what to whom. She is the princess of the "Big Statement".
    I see her also on OFFSIDERS (ABC1 Sunday am), and her lack of depth and perspective are pretty ordinary.

Not sure I agree with GOSWANNIE14 though.....Sam Newman is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    So true, V&R. Reports about who is arguing with who, spreads gossip and who said what to whom. She is the princess of the "Big Statement".
    I see her also on OFFSIDERS (ABC1 Sunday am), and her lack of depth and perspective are pretty ordinary.

Not sure I agree with GOSWANNIE14 though.....Sam Newman is pretty bad.
    I'll defend Caro here. A pioneer of women in sports reporting and many a good yarn over the years. Well connected. Not always to taste of all and has been been off target and Melbourne centric over the years but not the worst reporter getting around.

Yes I miss Clinton too.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

But you have to say that Caro Wilson and Emma Quayle have some good inside sources. They were right on the Tippett story, the tanking story and the drug story. Wilson doesn't get many points for style though.

Having said all that...I stuffed up the video recording settings this week. Can anyone tell me where FOOTY CLASSIFIED can be accessed online ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    But you have to say that Caro Wilson and Emma Quayle have some good inside sources. They were right on the Tippett story, the tanking story and the drug story. Wilson doesn't get many points for style though.
    Caro gets points from me for sticking up for the COLA and making Matt Lloyd look uninformed on the situation. So she is ok in my books

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I think she gets run into the ground often because she regularly gives opinions that people dont like - printing inside info on clubs that are male dominated puts her in an akward position.

Compare her to simple gossip monger Craig Hutchison as an example who rarely gets any negative attention.

As mentioned previously she gets her sources right and is not afraid to give an opinion. By giving it to Lloyd she gets a happy stamp from me.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I die a little when Roosey commentates. On and on and on and not what is happening there and then on the ground. Insight is very welcome. Ten minute lecture is not, especially when special play out there is ignored.

On another note, I tweeted Schwatta to ask Nathan Brown why he so obviously hates the Swans so much; lets see if I get a rise out of it.
    Any response from Schwatta yet Primmy?

Nup. Maybe he doesn't know how important I am, in my eyes.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast