Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne media at it again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    During the game, Basil Zempilas called Jarrad McVeigh kicking a goal "Mark" which I found quite funny because Mark was sitting right next to him.
    I think Tom Harley and Mark McVeigh called him on it after the ad break - it was quite amusing (and understandable).

Senior Player
    While on Zempilas, I find him the most predictable, boring caller in the game. Does not have the slightest insight into the game...keeps telling us what we are looking at. Callers need some insight, some perceptions of trends, some vision beyond the man with the ball...oh, and, in his case, a better understanding of the rules.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    While on Zempilas, I find him the most predictable, boring caller in the game. Does not have the slightest insight into the game...keeps telling us what we are looking at. Callers need some insight, some perceptions of trends, some vision beyond the man with the ball...oh, and, in his case, a better understanding of the rules.
    Funny you should say that. I watched the game with a friend last night and we were saying the same thing. At one stage the ball was bouncing along next to the boundary line and the incredibly insightful call was "the ball is bouncing...bouncing...bouncing....". We were reminded of Ritchie Benaud's comments once when asked what the secret to good commentary was, when he replied along the lines of "dont tell the audience what they can already see" and "if there is nothing to say, then dont say anything".

Happy and I know it
    I prefer Zempilas to any other commentator who talks about anything except the game that's actually going on in front of them. Some commentators seem to think they are there to entertain the viewers while a football game goes on in the background.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I prefer Zempilas to any other commentator who talks about anything except the game that's actually going on in front of them. Some commentators seem to think they are there to entertain the viewers while a football game goes on in the background.
    Like Dermie.

Sweet home Novacastria
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Don't believe me? Watch tomorrow's Sunday footy show and I bet he says the exact same thing when they cover the Swans/Roos game!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I've got a better idea: don't watch tomorrow's Sunday footy show.
    Some of us don't have the luxury of choice. Up my way we are stuck with the Neanderthal drivel of the not quite National Rugby League Footy Show. In this day and age, surely the Melbourne version cold be played on GEM?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No game day on 7mate this morning? The v8s are on

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    It's on at 1.30pm instead ...
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Re: Melbourne media at it again!!!

Listening to SEN today, which I rarely do, because I'm in Sydney, I heard one of the talking heads say (about the Swans) :
    They have no injuries at the moment, just Jarred Rohan

Not only is it not right, it's not even wrong, as Wolfgang Pauli would have said.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Not only is it not right, it's not even wrong, as Wolfgang Pauli would have said.
    Good to see quantum mechanics being discussed along with the footy on RWO.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    He is hands down the worst and most irritating commentator

Re: Melbourne media at it again!!!

Go easy on the commentators guys... They did bring Jarryd McVeigh into the box to give us all insight on the game.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN