Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne media at it again!!!

Melbourne media at it again!!!

Just finished watching 'The Sunday Footy Show', they're previewing the Hawks vs Cats game, they ask Bill Brownless where he thinks Geelong will finish the year, he says...."4th, 5th or 6th". They then ask him who his top 4 are, he says..."WCE, Freo, Coll and Hawthorn". Matthew Lloyd asks him about the swans, no response from Brownless.

Nathan Brown asks Lloyd where he thinks the swans will finish, Lloyd says confidently that he thinks the swans will go back to back, there's much laughter coming from Brown, Shane Crawford and Brownless when this is said. Lloyd asks them all if they think the swans can go back to back, Brownless says no, Crawford says no, Nathan Brown says laughingly...."not a chance".

I never thought I'd say this, cause I hated him as a player, but thank you Matthew Lloyd, thankyou very much!!!!

....and Nathan Brown, who laughingly dismissed our chances. I now understand why the bulldogs(during you time there), and then the Tigers where crap. You were a crap player during your playing career at both clubs, causung both clubs to be crap during your time in the game, and it is no surprise that both clubs had zero to very little finals games during your career....YOU WERE CRAP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Just finished watching 'The Sunday Footy Show', they're previewing the Hawks vs Cats game, they ask Bill Brownless where he thinks Geelong will finish the year, he says...."4th, 5th or 6th". They then ask him who his top 4 are, he says..."WCE, Freo, Coll and Hawthorn". Matthew Lloyd asks him about the swans, no response from Brownless.

Nathan Brown asks Lloyd where he thinks the swans will finish, Lloyd says confidently that he thinks the swans will go back to back, there's much laughter coming from Brown, Shane Crawford and Brownless when this is said. Lloyd asks them all if they think the swans can go back to back, Brownless says no, Crawford says no, Nathan Brown says laughingly...."not a chance".

I never thought I'd say this, cause I hated him as a player, but thank you Matthew Lloyd, thankyou very much!!!!

....and Nathan Brown, who laughingly dismissed our chances. I now understand why the bulldogs(during you time there), and then the Tigers where crap. You were a crap player during your playing career at both clubs, causung both clubs to be crap during your time in the game, and it is no surprise that both clubs had zero to very little finals games during your career....YOU WERE CRAP!!!!
    This is hardly an unusual occurrence. I remember in the middle of our winning streak last year Lyon bringing up on Footy Classified whether the rest of the panel thought Sydney was a genuine chance at the premiership. What followed was galling laughter and skeptical amusement.

Winning the premiership slapped many journo right across the face.

You probably didn't need to take it quite so personally; it's the eternal life of a Swans supporter. What makes me happy at night is that we've ALWAYS given them their comeuppance when it counts.

Melbourne media at it again!!!

Could not care less what the Melbourne media thinks of us. I only take notice of our results from rounds 1-22. We write our own stories!
    Swannies for life!

I am a supporter based in Melbourne, I should be used to this, but I'm not.
    There is a good side and a bad side to this happening all the time.
    The good side is we get underrated, not alot of pressure is put on our players from the media and when we win it seems all the more amazing (even if us swan supporters knew we had it)
    The bad side is, because we don't get recognized as much as other clubs, we don't see much articles and news about the swans which annoys me, there is nothing I hate more than reading the paper, they talk about all clubs, and have a tiny little article on the swans with about 50 words.

Our midfield is so underrated and with Parker coming back in full time will be a massive boost, chuck in Mitchell (hopefully), Hanners, Jack and Kennedy continue to evolve and Mcveigh, Bolton, ROK and Goodes (when he's in there) it's a pretty damn elite midfield.
    And with the help of Jett's on the wing!

Just finished watching 'The Sunday Footy Show',
    I believe I've managed to pinpoint the exact spot where you first went wrong.
    -

Even Fox Footy is Melbourne centric. The only reason I'm still subscribed to it is to record Swans games while I'm away. All shows are rubbish with exception On The Couch.

Veteran Site Admin
    No doubt, in the next break, said same media persons will be bemoaning the COLA as giving the Swans the ability to compile a list of superstars that no-one else can compete with.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst I appreciate you are frustrated, I have to say I think that's a rather unfair reading of Brown's career. He was, in my opinion, one of the top 10 players in the league in 2005 before that horrific leg break that he never really made it back for. He played less than half the season, and still finished with as many brownlow votes as ROK and Goodesy.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Whilst I appreciate you are frustrated, I have to say I think that's a rather unfair reading of Brown's career. He was, in my opinion, one of the top 10 players in the league in 2005 before that horrific leg break that he never really made it back for. He played less than half the season, and still finished with as many brownlow votes as ROK and Goodesy.
    He's crap!!!

Frankly I see this as a major positive. Compare this to Richmond who are burdened by ridiculous expectations and get talked up to no end.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's crap!!!
    He may be now as a media personality (I don't really know, I've barely seen any of him), but he wasn't always as a player.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    He may be now as a media personality (I don't really know, I've barely seen any of him), but he wasn't always as a player.
    He was brilliant to watch before that broken leg and i don't care what media personalities say, when we prove them wrong it just makes it so much sweeter to the exception of BT who never reneged his Pyke comments.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast