• Jets

4 10.00%
  • Other

4 10.00%
  • ROK (is cute)

2 5.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kick after the final siren to win the game -

I reckon I can recall Goodsey missing 3 clutch set shots, so he's out for me.

& if people are proposing the runner, can we pick coaches or assistant coaches? Stuey Dew had a handy leg on him & Horse's Coleman lends its weight

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Who would you feel most comfortable with (current seniors ie:not Plugger) the ball in their hands for a shot on goal after the siren to win the game?
    Ok, so not Rod Carter either? I really only remember him having one shot for goal, a set shot against Melbourne R15 1986. 100% from set shots? Though as a Swan, he's kicked 1 goal, 1 behind ... can't remember the behind, but if it wasn't from general play, he's still a 50:50 chance ...

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Ok, so not Rod Carter either?
    Well I'm glad we can't pick past players, otherwise I'd have to consider players like Jason Daniels, Andrew Dunkley & Andrew Schauble ... or Barry Round if the shot was taken from beyond 40m (though he could probably have handballed after the siren in 1996 against Essendon instead of Plugger to get us into the Granny ... I suspect that it'd have gone through the big sticks if Digger had handballed it ... even from outside 50 )

I picked Macca...but Parker should be in the list. Joey has kicked 32.12 or someting in the last couple of years.....and set shots I'm guessing 15.4....lots from long range too.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

From outside the 50, I would pick Jetta (despite last year's grand final, but he was cramping up then). Can make the distance easily and quite a good shot.

Senior Player
    Bradshaw..
    C'mon Chels!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post

& if people are proposing the runner, can we pick coaches or assistant coaches? Stuey Dew had a handy leg on him & Horse's Coleman lends its weight
    He missed one if not after, right before the sign against Adelaide in 05. He also missed the one after the siren against Essendon a few years back (as well as missing two running into an open goal that game).

He's my hero, but no chance would I pick him after the siren.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

I reiterate ... for a **set shot** NOT Adam Goodes

I reiterate ... for a **set shot** NOT Adam Goodes
    Oh FFS! Have ANYONE run past Goodsey if he's having a set shot to take the handpass! Or get Pykey to give him set shot kicking lessons!! Or just play on Goodsey & have a shot on the run!

Jesse White

(not a joke.....am being serious).

Warming the Bench
    Mumford is a wonderful kick for goal. Would happily have him or Macca kick it for me.
    On the run would be Jack of the elder variety

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Mumford is a wonderful kick for goal. Would happily have him or Macca kick it for me.
    On the run would be Jack of the elder variety
    Gary?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123