Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the North Melbourne game

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    My change for this week is "change the venue"...I hate Hobart..the rotten stinking drive down through the ridiculous traffic set up through the northern suburbs,the rotten stinking Hobatians who think it is their god given right to have everything when we have the most decentraised population and that ridiculous ground that is nowhere as good as Aurora Stadium.
    A couple of years ago I flew to Perth for the weekend to watch us play Freo and that trip was easier than getting down to that godforsaken place.
    Those bloody Hobartians even have a siren that works. Treachery!

(Filed under: Couldn't resist.)
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Shaw in doubt for Hobart - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Could force an interesting shuffle, maybe even a debut?

Speculation anyone?
    Tony A is the obvious choice even though, according to the Ugg Report, he played like a Demon on Saturday. Give Everitt the
    green vest and bring Bird into the 21. WE will need pace and a lot of tackling pressure to stop North's short game.

Wouldn't want to lose Mummy. We'd be down two beards.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Shaw in doubt for Hobart - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Could force an interesting shuffle, maybe even a debut?

Speculation anyone?
    It depends whether they think we need a big body (Rampe to return) or to match North's foot speed (Harry to return). If Rhyce doesn't come up, I'd go for Harry.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    If Goodes wasn't Goodes he would be in line to be dropped. Sure it was wet but how many gettable marks did he drop?
    Was he playing without a glove? Was his brand one of the banned ones?
    Goodesy has started the last 2 seasons like this, very slow build up. Think about it like this we are winning without Goodes or Jetta having any impact on the outcome, imagine when these two find form. I thought dre was terrible not just the goals he missed but it was his first senior game and definately deserves another chance IMHO.

Cheers

waz

Warming the Bench
    My change for this week is "change the venue"...I hate Hobart..the rotten stinking drive down through the ridiculous traffic set up through the northern suburbs,the rotten stinking Hobatians who think it is their god given right to have everything when we have the most decentraised population and that ridiculous ground that is nowhere as good as Aurora Stadium.
    A couple of years ago I flew to Perth for the weekend to watch us play Freo and that trip was easier than getting down to that godforsaken place.
    As a passionate Swans member and also being a 'rotten stinking Hobartian' I am quite pleased with the venue. I am sure all visitors to our beautiful city will enjoy themselves and hopefully a Swannies victory on our 'ridiculous ground'. Looking forward to a great day in this 'godforsaken place' and I hope you enjoy the match at home on TV 'satchmopugdog' because you will obviously not be travelling to watch your team play in such a rotten, stinking ridiculous city. Go Swannies!

I was wondering when Satch would pop her head up. C'mon girl, tell us what you really think!
    Still going to Hobart though aren't you.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

'Exhibit A' in the case for why an AFL team in Tasmania will struggle....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    'Exhibit A' in the case for why an AFL team in Tasmania will struggle....
    Exactly right..This type of attitude typifies why Tasmania as a state fails to reach it's potential, not only in footy terms. Quite sad really. Anyway, I know there are stacks of Swans supporters in Hobart and we will be there in big numbers on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Mummy is a concern as well.
    Does anyone else think that Mummy looked very stiff in that chase against Zac Smith? Or does he just have a funny running style?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Mummy is a concern as well.
    Does this mean White may come into contention ?

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    It depends whether they think we need a big body (Rampe to return) or to match North's foot speed (Harry to return). If Rhyce doesn't come up, I'd go for Harry.
    hhhmmm

harry would be interesting but me thinks Armstrong would be a sound choice just now until Harry gets a little more experience in the backline
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Does anyone else think that Mummy looked very stiff in that chase against Zac Smith? Or does he just have a funny running style?
    after 20m Mummy has always looked stiff as an ironing board when he runs
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast