Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the North Melbourne game

Pyke would have caught Smith.

Changes for the North Melbourne game

Yes Mummy looked stiff and slow. He has never struck me as slow for his size, in fact he's surprisingly quick when he normally chases. Definitely not right, and shouldn't be playing unless he's 100%.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    hhhmmm

harry would be interesting but me thinks Armstrong would be a sound choice just now until Harry gets a little more experience in the backline
    You may well be right. I was thinking that Rhyce usually takes Boomer, so perhaps someone with extra pace.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    You may well be right. I was thinking that Rhyce usually takes Boomer, so perhaps someone with extra pace.
    Boomer won't be playing.

That said, a bit more pace wouldn't go amiss. Armstrong is the closest substitute in terms of rebound ability.

Mummy can't run, not really. More of a donkey than a racehorse, can get the job done, but at the pace the gods gave him to work with.

Rampe probably. He was emergency, Tony wasn't.

Don't have to worry about Boomer as an individual, but... Tony was very anxious and Rampe isn't.

I see from the last few pages that discussions don't think Dre is going to be sacrificed? No, I don't think so either. Has really worked to make himself an around the ground player, can do some things weird (don't they all), but his endeavour as well as his nouse has to be acknowledged.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Rampe probably. He was emergency, Tony wasn't.
    I am not sure that necessarily indicates the pecking order. They probably wanted to make sure Armstrong had a full game, after being emergency last week. If we want someone to replace Shaw's defensive ability, I wouldn't be picking Armstrong. But assuming Smithy will take Thomas, we can probably afford not to have another defender to pick up a small. North have three genuine talls, which Reg, Ted and LRT will be assigned to, Thomas, who is obviously very dangerous, and then others floating through on a rotational basis.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Anyone else unsure about LRT as the "3rd tall defender"?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I think it is horses for courses. We definitely lose a bit in the mobility stakes with him essentially replacing Johnson. But against North it probably works, with Petrie, Hansen and Tarrant to cover.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He wasn't the third tall on the weekend that was Ted. Will be interesting to see who is assigned Petrie on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    As a tall defender I think he is the bee's knees, but like liz says, we lose something else with him down back. I think a back line with Roberts-Thompson in it is stronger as a defensive unit, but a little weaker as an offensive unit - only a little weaker though, and only compared to AJ who is exceptional in that area. Never under-estimate Roberts-Thompson!

Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    Exactly right..This type of attitude typifies why Tasmania as a state fails to reach it's potential, not only in footy terms. Quite sad really. Anyway, I know there are stacks of Swans supporters in Hobart and we will be there in big numbers on Saturday!
    To get a crowd estimate do they count the heads divide by two???

Veterans List
    North normally reserve their best form for Ethihad Stadium where they played their first 2 games.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast