Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the North Melbourne game

Changes for the North Melbourne game

My first thought is no changes. Everitt will be better for the run and he did some really good things against the Suns. It'd be a pretty bad message to send if we dropped him just because a few things didn't go his way.

I wouldn't mind seeing Morton come in for McGlynn but again he'll probably be much better against the 'roos.

On the Rookie List
    Remembering it was the Gold Coast we were playing ,Everitt had plenty of chances to shine with opportunities created by good play up field. After missing 2 snaps from 10-15 metres out he finally nailed one from 5 metres out but still nearly grazed the goal post.Mitch Morton with similar chances would have had 3 goals. Everitt is not the player you want in the Goal square snapping goals.He did some ok things as you say but he needs to play somewhere else.Maybe as a sub?

McGlynne also did some good things and is very courageous but also lacks the polish and accuracy a small forward requires.Morton again out points him.I lost count of the quick snaps he missed.At least he gets the ball however.Lucky it was the Gold Coast.! Apart from these two players I would expect no changes.

I would love to see MM come in. He has to. But at what expense?

Just don't know. I love Benny and he was terrific. I hve a fair bit of time for Dre, two goals is no lie.

Subbed off Shaw, who may be carrying......so.....hmm.... Rampe?

They have to MM a gig at some stage soon. His ressie effort was very good, but they had Rampe as emergency not MM,. so that may mean they think MM needs more game time to get his fitness base up a bit more.

Decisions decisions.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Remembering it was the Gold Coast we were playing ,Everitt had plenty of chances to shine with opportunities created by good play up field. After missing 2 snaps from 10-15 metres out he finally nailed one from 5 metres out but still nearly grazed the goal post.Mitch Morton with similar chances would have had 3 goals. Everitt is not the player you want in the Goal square snapping goals.He did some ok things as you say but he needs to play somewhere else.Maybe as a sub?
    I'd be dissapointed (and I'm sure he'd be more so!) if Andrejs was dropped. I imagine he did everything that was asked of him by the club, apart from finding a bit of the ball I think he presented well to provide an outlet from defence which meant that Reid could stay back and provide a second target further up the ground (which we don't always have) and he found a bit of the ball.

The two snaps would have been great to go through, but in slippery conditions with heavy defensive pressure it's not unheard of that they didn't. I'd like to think that when the coaching staff watch the game tape they're probably ones they look at and say "he'd get those most times normally". I get what you're saying about Mitch nailing those, but likewise I don't think he would have relieved the half forward leading pressure from Reid as much as Andrejs did, and based on Goodesy's form in the game you probably can't rely on him providing it next game.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    The only change I'd contemplate is to give Goodsey a rest. Longmire said during the week that he took a knock on his knee in the Giants game. Yesterday he wasn't moving well at all. I know he is superhuman and also hates missing games. But we play best when he is making a contribution, and we need him firing when it matters. We can't expect him any longer to be able to pull out masterful injured performances on cold wet days in April and May. We shouldn't need him to.

Let him stay at home and nurse his knee, and give Morton or Lamb a go in the senior team.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The only change I'd contemplate is to give Goodsey a rest. Longmire said during the week that he took a knock on his knee in the Giants game. Yesterday he wasn't moving well at all. I know he is superhuman and also hates missing games. But we play best when he is making a contribution, and we need him firing when it matters. We can't expect him any longer to be able to pull out masterful injured performances on cold wet days in April and May. We shouldn't need him to.

Let him stay at home and nurse his knee, and give Morton or Lamb a go in the senior team.
    Yeah, I agree Liz. I'd give Morton a run..... and give Goodsie a rest. Bring him back for the big Friday nighter.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

He was the least impressive element of our performance, wasn't he? Not just the missed marks, but missed tackles, poor decision-making, lack of chase - a very unGoodesy performance! Still be a big call to "rest" him tho!

Veterans List
    We have to drop McGlynn!He was letting the side down by kicking low and straight to his target in the forward 50 (at least twice that led to goals) rather than bombing it in long like everyone else. I kept hearing MMM saying he should be subbed and I kept on seeing him doing more than most out there yesterday.

Maybe I went to a different game by mistake? I hope your game was drier.

just watching some of the nth vs cats game

north played chip around for 20plus mins of first qtr and executed well

then last couple of mins flooded thru the middle in numbers and executed !

brilliant coaching

great resolve

which North Melb has turned up today for 4 qtrs ?

which north melb will turn up against the Swans ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Goodes has showed average football in 2012 main season and then come the finals - well the rest is history cause he was massive in the GF !

KT was brought to the club for many reasons but above all it changes the way Reid and Goods can inject themselves into the game and we will be better for it !

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Still be a big call to "rest" him tho!
    Agree he doesn't deserve to be "rested". Just rested, if he needs it.

wow

The Kangas are taking the cats to pieces............their spread is unbelievable but i wonder whether they will run out of steam in the last 2 qtrs

I wonder if we can contain the game plan of North

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast