Academy rivalry begins - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

interesting to see the results this sat night

my mates son who is 15 yrs old made the GWS academy

they played Geelong College on tues night here in Sydney at Blacktown Intl Sports Park

score was approx 30 goals to 3 in favour of Geelong - GWS got smashed BUT.......

The GWS team had none of their Canberra or Murray boys in the 22 of which my made it very tough.......my mate said that the GWS best 22 is comprised of min 18 players from the Canberra / Murray Regions when they field their best team.......... He also said you would be lucky to see 4 or 5 kids from Sydney or central west that make the best 22 of the GWS 16's team when in full flight !

16s GWS will have the Murray boys playing against the Swans 16's ........which makes a huge difference and might make it very tough for the Swans 16s team.........in fact my mate said he couldnt believe the difference in the GWS team with and without the Murray/Canberra region players........he said it is like chalk and cheese !

18s GWS dont have the murray boys.......as i believe the murray region only got rezoned a year or two back hence the 18s murray boys are the last of the mohicans that go to Melb clubs..... ie murray and Canberra regions are zoned to GWS exclusively now ! So the although the Swans 18s team will be a little young as Roo's mentions in the article above they may still be competitive given it is primarily sydney or central west kids in the GWS 18's team

looking forward to writing up some more info after sats game