Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 4: Tuggeranong Hawks v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Hopefully the stream works well for everyone. My live stream is currently working perfectly.
    Prostate op was a complete success.

Re: Round 4: Tuggeranong Hawks v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Prostate op was a complete success.
    No, doctor is missing his watch and I don't seem to be able pass the time like I used too.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

thank you Al & Ugg. It is interesting that Tommy started at FF. Rampe 2 goals as a HB is also interesting as he did similar in NAB. Good to see Mitchell getting some game time and they have brought him along nicely I think. If there is a change in the seniors it probably will be Mitch but who did best in you opinions?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rampe spent the last quarter as a forward. Pretty much agree with the best list listed I'd probably add Towers to it

5 day turnaround as we play Hills Eagles on Friday 4.40

Blog Entries
    Swans coach urges Canberra to back winner
    + some pictures.

Interesting to see the Hawks had a Tommy Walsh too?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    No, doctor is missing his watch and I don't seem to be able pass the time like I used too.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Swans coach urges Canberra to back winner
    + some pictures.

Interesting to see the Hawks had a Tommy Walsh too?!?!?!
    and a Luke Parker? lol.

Hard to take much from the game. With all due respect to Tuggeranong, the Swans would have faced greater intensity in match simulation situations during training. The forwards had a field day with their opponents often trailing metres in their wake as uncontested mark upon uncontested mark were completed in our forward 50. The 3rd quarter was especially one sided as the Swans pushed the ball forward either kicking a point, and pinning Tuggeranong down in their defensive 50 from the kickin, or kicking a goal, and starting the cycle again from the centre bounce.

• Tim MEMBREY - An inaccurate return of 3.3 for Membrey, many of which were from his usually on-target set shots. Didn't take many contested marks but that was mainly due to a lack of contest so he duly collected them mainly on the lead. Seemed to be pushed higher up the ground than usual resulting in a very open forward 50 to allow the likes of Walsh and Morton to dominate with space.
    • Tom MITCHELL - Sat out the first quarter, started the 2nd across half-forward and then worked his way into the midfield rotations. Lightning quick hands and a balanced left foot kick, Mitchell stands out in a crowded midfield with his composure and ability to hit targets under pressure. Gave away a few free kicks through some clumsy tackling/attacks on the ball.
    • Harry CUNNINGHAM - Played midfield but pushed back hard to help his defenders. Flew high for a strong grab, knocked off balance while in the air (accidentally, no malice involved) and landed hard on his backside. He immediately grabbed for his leg and was seen grimacing in pain. Didn't require a stretcher to come off but hobbled away with the assistance of 2 trainers.
    • Mitch MORTON - Way, way, waaaaay too good for NEAFL level. Kicking 11 goals will justifiably earn him a lot of plaudits but just as impressive was his desire to the team thing as well and pass off to teammates in better positions as well as his defensive work in the forward 50.
    • Jed LAMB - Playing with supreme confidence and dominated as the side's best inside midfielder. Explosive off the mark and creative with his kicking. Kicked 2 goals could have had a lot more as he also ended up with 5 behinds.
    • Tommy WALSH - Basically did as he wanted, presented well on the lead and marked numerous balls coming in, but also did well in maintaining position and bringing the ball to ground when he didn't (and often crumbed his own good work). Kicked relatively straight from his set shots, and was the relief ruckman although he didn't do much ruckwork.
    • Jesse WHITE - One of the most dominant performances from a ruckman I've ever seen at any level. Directed his taps at will, often to the advantage of his midfielders, but when he didn't often ended up with the ball in his hands. Still struggles in general play, lacking composure in tight situations.
    • Dean TOWERS - Out of the defensive half and looking much better for the move. Initially played as a deep lying forward but then pushed up the ground, finally used his long strides and pace to break the lines and create plenty of scoring opportunities both for himself and others.
    • Jordan LOCKYER - Played off a wing for most of the day, wasn't as prominent as you would expect with such a free role.
    • Daniel ROBINSON - Getting a lot of time in the midfield. Took his goal well, steadied himself and nailed a running shot from just inside the 50m arc.
    • Matthew DICK - Didn't see a lot of him on the stream coverage and wouldn't be surprised if he spent a lot of time on the bench. The few plays he was involved were in the forward line (no surprise since most of the play was centered there)
    • Harrison MARSH - Rotated through the midfield and in the forward line, where he popped up at opportune times and places to finish with 3 goals. 2 of those goals were from 50m set shots whilst the other was due to his speed, combining well with fellow speedster Jack to run into an open goal.
    • Brandon JACK - There's a lot of footy smarts in young Brandon, certainly well ahead of where Kieren was as a first-year rookie. He runs to the right spots, uses his pace and running ability to his advantage to create easy shots on goal for himself.
    • Alex BROWN - Played as the main key defender for most of the match, with a brief spell in the forward line some time in the 2nd quarter. Only beaten once in a marking contest but was assisted hugely by the dominance of the Swans midfield. I also liked his distribution from the back half.
    • Dane RAMPE - 3 quarters playing as a half-back flanker, before finishing the game as a mid-sized forward. Rampe often kicked long but effectively into our forward 50 with Membrey, Walsh and Lamb all marking comfortably from his kicks. Not sure if he has the pace of Shaw but definitely can offer us some run off the half-back flank.
    • Jake LLOYD - Had him pegged as an inside midfielder after his pre-season performances but today convinced me he could fill a spot as an outside runner or a high half-forward which is the position he occupied for this game. Smart player who has great awareness and is a fine user of the ball.
    • Shane BIGGS - Also playing off a half-back flank, but certainly not as involved or prominent as Rampe. Unlucky when pushed in the back as he had a snap for goal that hit the post, the umpire deemed it a down the ground free that allowed Morton to kick the easiest of his 11 goals.

Hawks 0.2 3.4 5.4 6.4 (40)
    Swans 9.6 16.10 28.16 36.21 (237)

Goals: Morton 11, Walsh 7, Jack 3, Lamb 3, Marsh 3, Membrey 3, Rampe 3, Towers 2, Lloyd, Robinson
    Best: Lamb, Morton, Walsh, White, Lloyd, Rampe

5 day turnaround for the reserves as they face Amon Buchanan and the Hills Eagles on Friday 4.40pm

The full replay is up

Just wild about Harry
    Arrrgh! That is a horrible game

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Arrrgh! That is a horrible game
    I agree. If I was Crouchy i'd want to know how the "Tuggers" managed to score 6 goals. We must have been late on after half time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234