Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs Roos gameday thread

jude kicks his third. without him we are just looking really bad. 42-28

goodes misses a tackle and lucky to get away with it.

grundy doing well with intercept marks. like to see parker kick this goal - 44-36.

i still think we are lucky to be in this but hopefully can hold this sort of margin intio half-time

Man the Hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ripped to shreds through the centre - we are very, very fortunate to only be a goal down. having said that we have still had some good endeavour to get a few ourselves.

dreadful, dreadful decision making (Armstrong takes 7 seconds and kick to a three on one for a probable goal). How about someone actually DEFEND Swallow.....he doesn't even do anything special it's just that wherever he stands the ball falls into his arms....even if it gets tapped in the opposite direction it will fumble straight to him......

And another dreadful Armstrong decision sees a goal to Tarrant
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

again too slow to man up from armstrong caught htb. 50-36. seriously we are a long way off this - 3-6 to 2-2 in the quarter which gives you a sense of how dominant they were.

The thing I can't understand is....how can we be a man short at every possession as they go down the wing, or through the centre.....yet still not have a spare man at the long kick into the forward fifty. Where are our players???????????
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Almost cooked. If they kick the first two of the next quarter we're done.

we have been out coached so far

to allow the Kangas so much time to set the tempo with the chip around footy is crazy !!!

the concern for the Kangas though is can they do this all game........if they can keep possession they will win ......but if they drop some passes or we rebound hard we will get on top.

So the question how do we stop them from maintaining possession and chipping around to uncontested footy?

ANSWER we have to win the ball ups !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! starve them of the football !

come on midfield !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Man the Hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just ripped to shreds through the centre - we are very, very fortunate to only be a goal down. having said that we have still had some good endeavour to get a few ourselves.

dreadful, dreadful decision making (Armstrong takes 7 seconds and kick to a three on one for a probable goal). How about someone actually DEFEND Swallow.....he doesn't even do anything special it's just that wherever he stands the ball falls into his arms....even if it gets tapped in the opposite direction it will fumble straight to him......

And another dreadful Armstrong decision sees a goal to Tarrant
    Well we're two goals down actually. But agree with everything else!

Poor efforts all around. Only Hanners and Bolts have been shining lights (totally OT it was Bolts not Hanners who gave away the 50m penalty even though they put the stat against Hanners).

Our manning up in particular has been shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Well we're two goals down actually. But agree with everything else!

Poor efforts all around. Only Hanners and Bolts have been shining lights (totally OT it was Bolts not Hanners who gave away the 50m penalty even though they put the stat against Hanners).

Our manning up in particular has been shocking.
    It was one when I started writing :-)...just before Tarrant's last goal

Need to stop giving away so many freekicks
    -

how many marks have we taken inside the 50? too much tall timber that cant take marks, bombing the ball into 50s is shocking at this lvl. reid, everitt, goodes, Jetta and Pike need to lift. We have been very poor this year and lucky with the draw.

Back within two points.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast