Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Swans vs Roos gameday thread

Re: Swans vs Roos gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I'll phone Hookers to see what they've got;-)!!
    I'll miss the entire game if I did that...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Hi all, back from a 3 week sojourn in Indochina. Managed to watch Rnd 1 V GWS live in Cambodia and Rnd 2 live in Laos. Thank god for Australia Network.
    Also treked through jungles in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos and had full phone/internet reception everywhere. (TAKE NOTE TELSTRA!).

A good win by the boys and a very special 3rd quarter. One for the highlights discs. Gotta say I don't mind Mummy at full forward especially when Pyke is doing so well rucking.

Bring on the Cats!!!
    I was a bit zonked after a tiring weekend yesterday and sat down to watch a Food Safari on the sbs on demand thingy and watched Laos! The food looked amazing and had me adding it to my list of travel destinations.

To be fair to Telstra (I can't believe I'm saying that!), even with the thick jungles it's a bit easier to provide good mobile coverage in a smaller area that didn't have a lot of existing cabling running around and doesn't really apply too many restrictions to where you can plonk towers.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'll miss the entire game if I did that...
    Or at least the first five minutes.

Re: Swans vs Roos gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Or at least the first five minutes.

You forgot the bit where I fall asleep while they call for a cab. Yes ladies I'm still single.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

We feel your pain Al.

I wonder if Sammy would be better in the back half of the ground rather than the forward.
    As for Armstrong, he did some good things and he is quick, and we have to remember that Essendon traded Ted, and he only came good in the last couple of years.
    Even Jude wasn't as good as say Hanners is now in the same time framed.
    Goodsey used to get hammered by Rocket (although I didn't agree with Rocket and was furious on Goodsey's behalf on a few occasions)
    Leo Barry once kicked two goals in 3 minutes as a forward (on the day Stuart Diver was rescued....weird how you remember things like that) and he became a brilliant backman.

You just don't know what is going to happen.

Such as Wardy tripping off for the 3rd quarter......shame on you ....... just remember Kirky's mantra, the game isn't over until the end of the 4th quarter.......then again if you could just slip off to the bar on Friday night.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I got the feeling that we were sizing them up in the first half. Certainly we weren't playing that well but we seemed to be saying give it your best. By half time I thought our players and coaching staff knew they had seen what North could do. Then the deluge and players who had hardly got a touch in the first half suddenly got busy. At the start of the last they threw everything at us and we weathered the storm. Then stormed home. Bellerive is not an easy ground to play if you haven't played there before. The wind swirls a bit due to it being on the coast a bit like 'The Cattery'.

I find that I am not liking the umpiring this year. The umpies seem to think it is ok to just drop the ball and there have been very few frees for 'Incorrect Disposal'. Their interpretation of the 'Holding the Ball' has followed on from the GF and I think it is the wrong interpretation as it does not take into account opposition players holding the ball under. That was supposed to be umpired out. The other thing that is creeping back is the dive and dunk. A player gets the ball, gets tackled and either dives forward and is awarded a push in the back or slides down in the tackle and gets over the shoulder. These moves were supposed to be a free against the players doing it under the new rules.

Parker, Armstrong, Hannas, Macca, Jude, Mummy, Pykie, Smithy, Teddy, Reg & I thought Drey was pretty good. Drey did some very telling things at important times. If anyone is to go out it probably will be Birdie because he has been sub twice and they will want to get a full game into him. Morton does need to come in but I also wonder if we don't need an extra tight defender against Cats. Rampe maybe, he is tight, he can rebound and kicks a very long goal. We'll see on Thursday I should think.

By the way has anyone tried to watch the replays on the Swans or AFL sites? I can't get them to come up. On the Swans site it keeps saying 'Out of Bounds' and it just doesn't happen on the AFL site. Do we have to pay or something?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    ...By the way has anyone tried to watch the replays on the Swans or AFL sites? I can't get them to come up. On the Swans site it keeps saying 'Out of Bounds' and it just doesn't happen on the AFL site. Do we have to pay or something?
    Tried switching browsers?
    my FF doesn't play AFL/Swans site vids anymore. IE does it without a hitch, (that is the only thing I use IE for now).
    Just checked Chrome (work policy is to use Chrome) and it works.
    I s'pose I don't have an answer for you.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112