Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ ruptured ACL ?

AJ ruptured ACL ? where to from here for our 2013 backline?

It does sound like after Neil Cordy spoke to Horse that AJ has suffered a ruptured ACL

obviously we all feel for AJ who has come along in leaps and bounds the last 2 seasons.

It also poses a challenge for our backline

LRT, Mattner and Rampe maybe finding themselves a little more game time down in the backs in 2013 depending on opposition team matchups

Any other players that you think may feature to replace AJ ?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 9th March 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Terrible news. The first serious blow to our 2013 chances :-(

AJ is irreplaceable, that's how much he has developed in the last 12 months. Everitt is the most likely replacement as one who can pay tall or small but not a patch on AJ ability wise.

LRT is suitable for talls only, Rampe or smalls to mids. Armstrong ditto.

LRT is the obvious one. But maybe...and it's only a maybe...if a match up requires more pace, Everitt could slot in down back.

Though I'm not sure he has the mindset.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    Yeah send LRT back, where would he fit in the forward line with tippet anyway? Everitt just doesn't sit well with me as his replacement. Terrible for Johnson, must be just devastated, LARS an option perhaps? I still like our chances this year, although no more injuries thanks.

Said this in another thread, so I'll add it here.....

With Johnson out for 12 months, LRT to go down back, Everitt or White to come in and help Goodes and Reid up forward untill Tippett comes in.

Goes up to 11
    I think Armstrong is likely to come in and Rhys to play a bit taller and tighter??

Armstrong or Shaw can't cover AJ...needs a tall
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

If AJ has suffered an ACL injury, he will be placed on the long the long term injury list- after what we have see so far in the NAB cup- What rookie would you promote?

Also heard that Gary Rohan was placed on the long term injury list during the week- anyone know if a Rookie was promoted?

Rampe for me should get a go, Syndey boy, has done some good things in the NAB cup, but also Lockyer from the senior list needs to step up- not suggesting any of these are in the same league as yet as AJ- but we have to come up with something.

I think we try a few of the young blokes in hte first 2 games, GWS and GC, if no one stands up LRT is still in the fwd line and can be shifted. We need it sorted by the time we play Geelong though, that much is certain
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Member3745 View Post
    Also heard that Gary Rohan was placed on the long term injury list during the week- anyone know if a Rookie was promoted?
    This is correct and no rookie was promoted. Yet.

ugg, if after all this time they have only just announced that The Rohan is on a long term injury list, I would say that's a pointer to Dane Rampe, who plays like he is a senior. Not saying he is the second coming, just saying he isn't phased. He also looks like he is enjoying himself.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    I would suggest they will not promote a rookie for the sake of it, unless he deserves it, and can push for a game. Even though Morton was not a rookie last year they made him work very hard to get a spot. I think the obvious move is LRT back and Morton into the forward line. Also would be surprised if AJ opts for Lars given his age. Morobito and Menzel did but they had 3 knee injuries.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast