Thread: Weekend ABC Morning Radio News

On the Rookie List

Weekend ABC Morning Radio News

For at least the second consecutive year I have noticed that morning ABC local radio fail to broadcast the results of the previous night's AFL game of a Saturday and Sunday.

I have emailed them with no success.

Can I suggest if you find the same, contact the news director and tell him or her to left their game.
    Rudy Zarzoff

On the Rookie List
    Well it looks like someone told the ABC News Management that someone had a whinge about their reporting.

So far, a Saturday Morning report on the Swans Game was provided, but this was a given because of the Sydney venue.

However, I am pleased to say that the WCE v Carlton results too were nicely reported today on their news.

If you are reading this Mr ABC News, thanks. Keep it up.

And you plebs, keep your ear on the morning ABC local radio news of a weekend this winter to see that they maintain the momentum.
    Rudy Zarzoff

Living in WA now I'm totally PO'ed about the increasingly Sydneycentric and increasingly lacking or reporting of Australian Football. Chans like CH24 are always way out of date and lacking in information. It's totally unbalanced. They always start with the NRL then RU then AFL.
    They in depth coverage of tries and all the games but just a few shots on goal for AFL for some games. This W/E I did not see any Swans/Saints game footage, not even on a mention on the banner. same for GWS/GC game.
    It's strange when all around us TV networks show us what they consider the most popular shows they cannot show Australia's most popular game in the proportion that it deserves.
    In the same vane the ABC is closing it's second tier coverage of Australian Football, not because it doesn't rate well but because it doesn't forfill some "criteria".
    give it to the game

On the Rookie List
    Oh well the temporary reprieve has finished. Listened to the 7.45am ABC news in Sydney today after Hawthorn defeat the Swans in a grand final replay before almost 55,000 people. Did the Swans game get a mention? Not on your nelly. Super rugby, Parramatta Eels win in Brisbane and then off into the lesser sports results. When are these people going to wake up?
    Rudy Zarzoff