Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd.4 V The Cats

Surely Armstrong will be dropped. Zero tackles for a half back in a team that prides itself on hard contested football.

Senior Player
    My guess is no change unless Shaw is fit enough to come back in for Armstrong

Bird will not be dropped

I've got alot of love for Mitch but his 11 goals should be taken in the context of Tommy Walsh's 7 goals - no disrespect to the big Irishman but he's still got a fair way to go

Re: Changes for Rd.3 V The Cats

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    My guess is no change unless Shaw is fit enough to come back in for Armstrong

Bird will not be dropped

I've got alot of love for Mitch but his 11 goals should be taken in the context of Tommy Walsh's 7 goals - no disrespect to the big Irishman but he's still got a fair way to go
    As I said in an above post Mortons performance yesterday was a terrific all round performance. Kicked them... Set them up... Chased and pressured everything that moved. In my view it was an effort that deserves a recall.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    As I said in an above post Mortons performance yesterday was a terrific all round performance. Kicked them... Set them up... Chased and pressured everything that moved. In my view it was an effort that deserves a recall.
    There are plenty of players pushing for senior selection. White has played well since the middle of last year, Lamb has been knocking on the door as well. Towers, Rampe and Lloyd all had very good games.

The problem is, who goes out? The only suggestion would be Everitt, which would be a harsh call. Anyway, even if Dre were dropped, I would put Bird in the 21 before Morton. Hard dropping players from a winning side.

Facts are our forward line is not functioning. Mcveigh is our leading goal scorer for f sake. We have a premiership forward kicking 11 in the seconds. Someone has to make way for Morton, and in my mind it needs to be a forward. That's either Reid or Everett.

Bird may lose his spot simply because we have an abundance of midfielders and Parker has gone ahead of him

Re: Changes for Rd.4 V The Cats

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Facts are our forward line is not functioning. Mcveigh is our leading goal scorer for f sake. We have a premiership forward kicking 11 in the seconds. Someone has to make way for Morton, and in my mind it needs to be a forward. That's either Reid or Everett.

Bird may lose his spot simply because we have an abundance of midfielders and Parker has gone ahead of him
    Not functioning?? We just won our 22nd game from the last 28 including a premiership. How many times do the talls in the forward bring the ball to ground for our mids streaming forward. How often do our forward line work together to provide space for our faster men to run into. How many times do the forward line provide the required pressure to keep the ball in the area to create opportunities. To say the forward line isn't functioning just astounds me.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Draft Scout
    not sure about Armstrong, I think it may be chance for Rampe to be the HB.... shows much more.
    Mitch M may be unlucky and Lamb needs a chance to show if he can step up
    Staying ahead of the game...

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I am now doubting my sanity because I thought Armstrong was an ineffective windmill against the Suns ressies and he got promoted for the North game, and the week before I thought 'Dre was playing touch football against the Giants ressies and he got promoted too.
    So buggered if I know!
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

How did Rampe play in ressies last wknd ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Armstrong out...Cats would maul him. Bird in to contain one of their many smalls.
    Morton to replace Everitt...Probably as Sub....Having said that, Everitt is better suited as a sub...? I've got no idea.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Birdy needs a run. Ressies.

Morton has to come in.
    Everitt to wear the green jacket.

Armstrong out if Shaw back in. BUT if its a wet track, and Shaw has a groin on the edge which would be ok on a dry track, then Armstrong to keep his place.

Has anyone dared to think that perhaps Jetts needs a gig in ressies for a game?

Thanks for report on Morton's display Al. Kind of thought the penny dropped, and it looks like it has. You gotta give to get back.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Not functioning?? We just won our 22nd game from the last 28 including a premiership. How many times do the talls in the forward bring the ball to ground for our mids streaming forward. How often do our forward line work together to provide space for our faster men to run into. How many times do the forward line provide the required pressure to keep the ball in the area to create opportunities. To say the forward line isn't functioning just astounds me.

I need say no more.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast