Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd.4 V The Cats

Wow, lining Reid up against Buddy eh? Lets not get ahead of ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Reid is developing exactly as I expected he would - in small steps

It is extremely rare that a 196cm forward 20/21yrs of his weight/age kills it week in week out......too skinny the first two seasons but now he is up to 96kg and stronger.........Bazza said around 24 yrs of age is when you should be expecting alot because that is the age he felt and also noticed in other key forwards that they could start to dominate their opposite number or numbers in many cases

he is performing a role and that role is to :

create a contest
    move key backs away from particular contests
    apply pressure to opposition counter attack
    and continue to grow and start delivering approx 40 goals plus per season from now on

we have designed our attack to have goals come form any player on the pitch hence it is not just kick it to Buddy and Buddy will do the rest

Buddy in his first two season kicked approx 25 goals per season and his third season was a break out 70 goals

Buddy is 26yrs old and played approx 160 games for 500 goals ie just over 3 a game

Buddy has played 8 seasons and Sam has played 2 full seasons ie 1 game only in 2010 and 3 games in 2013

Sam kicked:

2013 - so Sam is exactly on track the same as Buddy re goals UP TO his third season of football..........big difference was Buddy had his break out year in his third season ie 70 goals

2012 - 31 goals vs Buddy second season 31 goals

2011 - 22 goals vs Buddy first season 21 goals

2010 - Sam only played one game
    Nice stat work AG, suggests our Sam is coming along nicely.

I'd be interested in the relative tackle count of the two players. Without knowing I'd guess that Sam puts more effort into his defence than Franklin, which may affect his goal tally.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Well speculation will be no good in approximately 2 hours. We will know the team but one thing we do know is no Shaw. Sad about young Harry but at least it wasn't major. He will be back in about 4-6 weeks. Looking forward to this game as it will be an indicator as to how we are really traveling. Last week was good i parts 3& last especially but a bit slow off the mark. Can't dilly dally tomorrow or we will get blitzed in the first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Well speculation will be no good in approximately 2 hours. We will know the team but one thing we do know is no Shaw. Sad about young Harry but at least it wasn't major. He will be back in about 4-6 weeks. Looking forward to this game as it will be an indicator as to how we are really traveling. Last week was good i parts 3& last especially but a bit slow off the mark. Can't dilly dally tomorrow or we will get blitzed in the first quarter.
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, The Cats haven't been setting the world on fire in the first half of their games to date either. They were better against Carlton but still not like the Cats of a few years ago.
    Having said that, after us they are my next favourites to win the flag this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Reid is developing exactly as I expected he would - in small steps

It is extremely rare that a 196cm forward 20/21yrs of his weight/age kills it week in week out......too skinny the first two seasons but now he is up to 96kg and stronger.........Bazza said around 24 yrs of age is when you should be expecting alot because that is the age he felt and also noticed in other key forwards that they could start to dominate their opposite number or numbers in many cases

he is performing a role and that role is to :

create a contest
    move key backs away from particular contests
    apply pressure to opposition counter attack
    and continue to grow and start delivering approx 40 goals plus per season from now on

we have designed our attack to have goals come form any player on the pitch hence it is not just kick it to Buddy and Buddy will do the rest

Buddy in his first two season kicked approx 25 goals per season and his third season was a break out 70 goals

Buddy is 26yrs old and played approx 160 games for 500 goals ie just over 3 a game

Buddy has played 8 seasons and Sam has played 2 full seasons ie 1 game only in 2010 and 3 games in 2013

Sam kicked:

2013 - so Sam is exactly on track the same as Buddy re goals UP TO his third season of football..........big difference was Buddy had his break out year in his third season ie 70 goals

2012 - 31 goals vs Buddy second season 31 goals

2011 - 22 goals vs Buddy first season 21 goals

2010 - Sam only played one game
    Great work AG. I'd argue that a more accurate player to compare Sam to is Tom Hawkins. Geelong stuck by him and look where he is now. We KNOW that KPPs take longer yet we still get frustrated when they do. We were bloody lucky with AJ but most of them take much longer. Reid usually has the opposition's best defender on him too, and will probably continue to do so until KT is able to play.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sydney Swans
    B: L.Roberts-Thomson, H.Grundy, N.Smith
    HB: M.Mattner, T.Richards, N.Malceski
    C: R.O'Keefe, K.Jack, L.Jetta
    HF: J.Bolton, S.Reid, D.Hannebery
    F: M.Pyke, A.Goodes, B.McGlynn
    Foll: S.Mumford, J.Kennedy, J.McVeigh
    I/C: T.Armstrong, M.Morton, L.Parker, D.Rampe
    Emerg: C.Bird, A.Everitt, J.White

In: M.Morton , D.Rampe
    Out: C.Bird (omitted) , A.Everitt (omitted)

Geelong
    B: T.Hunt 19, T.Lonergan 13, C.Enright 44,
    HJ.Corey 11, H.Taylor 7, A.Mackie 4,
    C: M.Duncan 22, J.Bartel 3, B.Smedts 2,
    HF: P.Chapman 35, J.Podsiadly 31, S.Motlop 32,
    F: T.West 12, T.Hawkins 26, S.Johnson 20
    Foll: M.Blicavs 46, J.Selwood 14, M.Stokes 27,
    I/C J.Rivers 25, J.Caddy 23, G.Horlin-Smith 33, A.Christensen 28,
    Emerg: J.Murdoch 21, M.Brown 1, J.Thurlow 40

In: J.Rivers , G.Horlin-Smith
    Out: T.Varcoe (Shoulder) , J.Murdoch (Omitted)

Probably frees Armstrong to move up the ground? And gives us more firepower up forward.

Like it.

Birdy omitted, definetly would have thought he would have featured this week. Good to see Morts given a run, adds firepower. I think we'll be too strong for the cattery at home, but you never know with them.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment, The Cats haven't been setting the world on fire in the first half of their games to date either. They were better against Carlton but still not like the Cats of a few years ago.
    Having said that, after us they are my next favourites to win the flag this year.
    Can I just say how tired I am of the "we need to play well for all 4 quarters to win" line - we have proved time and time again that you can have a dodgy quarter or two (a la last week) and still win. That's what a quality side does and that why we won the whole thing last year.

So I don't really care for a strong 4 quarter effort tomorrow - I just want us to be ahead on the scoreboard when the siren sounds at the end of the 4th quarter and I don't really care too much how we get there....

Re: Changes for Rd.4 V The Cats

My game plan is to have more points than the Cats at the final siren. If we do that we're a massive chance of winning.

I'm available for consultations Horse.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I guess there was no point in have Birdy in the vest for the 3rd week running. Probably Rampe will take his place, but could be Armstrong. They may need the better tackler against the Cats. Rampe may be a good matchup against Johnson. We must be pretty good if someone of Bird's quality can't crack the team.

Blog Entries
    No Kelly for the Cats.
    he was talked up this morning as a big chance to comeback.

Not totally unhappy with the changes!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast