Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd.4 V The Cats

at the SCG i would have thought Birdy would have been the handier to have a run with tagging type role but Rampe my guess will get that role !

Guess Morton Sub
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Ins. M Morton. Its time!
    Go Mitch, kick a bag. Rampe or Armstrong for sub.

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    So very happy that Mitch has made it back in
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

must say i was a little surprised that bird was dropped. wouldnt have dropped him myself as i saw bartel as a pretty good match up for him on the forward line. i suspect that mcglynn will get him instead.

pleased that morton is in. he adds something to our team - the additional offence when added to his improved defensive efforts is something that we lack - he is our modern nick davis i guess !

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    at the SCG i would have thought Birdy would have been the handier to have a run with tagging type role but Rampe my guess will get that role !

Guess Morton Sub
    Hope Morton Isnt sub wouldnt make much sense would it?? Given Jettas form he could start in red and hopefully have an impact late in the game.

but given the limited game time they gave bird our use of the red vest is a bit of a mystery. Dont really understand bird as a run with player given probably 30 mis of football in 2 games then dropped in the game I thought we needed a run with player for?? dunno but they know what they are doing

Cheers

waz

oh and i hope everitt does well in the twos - i like him and want him to succeed. he'll get another run at some stage.

Please don't have Mitch as the sub!

I really like Mitch. He knows he has to constantly impress to stay in this side. No doubt he'll be busting his arse laying on as much forward pressure as he can. Bit surprised they just didn't put Bird in the 21 though. Hope Rampe steps up. Go Swans!

Veteran Site Admin
    I was a little disappointed when I read that Everitt had been dropped as I think he's been useful and, with some continuity of game time, might even develop into the type of utility that his athletic prowess suggests he might. But on reflection, it is a sign of being a very strong side (did anyone mention Reigning Premiers?) with a pretty healthy list. Good players land up stuck in the reserves.

I wasn't surprised at Bird given how little game time he's had in the last two weeks. It will be interesting to compare how he goes in the reserves compared to Lamb - if Lamb is to force his way in you'd think it would have to be at the expense of someone like Bird. An opportunity will probably open up for another of that type of player in the relatively near future. Can Lamb poke his nose in front? That said, I'd like to see Bird return. I like him. He plays a variety of roles with a minimum of fuss.

Rampe's inclusion is almost certainly a response to the make-up of the Cats team. We need someone else capable of sitting on a Stokes, Christiansen or Motlop. How well he can do it, remains to be seen. I can't see him as sub, given they must have a specific role in mind for him. I think Armstrong is the most likely sub.

What liz said.

Morto to get the full game, Rampe too, if its raining maybe Jetts in green? dunno. It'll be a SurPrise!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    If you listen to Henry Playfair explain the reasons for this week's changes he basically said Morton's form was too hot to ignore and so Everitt (whose form was 'okay') had to make way.

Found it a little weird that they named Bird as an emergency, given he badly needs a full reserves game, and not Lamb whose good form would have made him a justified emergency selection.

Maybe Morton or Rampe will end up in the red vest after a five day turnaround.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast