Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd.4 V The Cats

Senior Player
    One or two changes won't make much difference. This will be an exceptionally tough test : win well and we re-affirm our credentials after a soft-ish start.Lose heavily - a real possibility if we are not switched on for the whole game - and it's a different story.

On the Rookie List
    I wouldnt want to make too many changes based on the effort against north but Morton kicked 11?? Wow I need to pay more attention to the reserves. Based on that he must be selected this week at the very least as a sub. I am not and never have been a fan of everitt, he can be a liability, so he's out. It will be a very very tough game this week and it will see where we are at IMO. Hopefully its a packed house that can help lift the team over the line.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Just a heads up on how busy it's going to be around the SCG on Friday night.
    Not only is it a Friday night in Sydney (which is bad enough), but the Waratahs are playing at Alliance with kick off ten minutes before our first bounce so parking is going to be very tight, traffic horrendous and public transport stretched.
    It is going to be that tight that Trust staff have been told to either car pool or catch public transport to work on Friday!
    That is an insane bit of scheduling, I know this is easier said than done but surely the two codes could talk to each other when drafting their fixtures so this situation doesn't arise, since once the fixture comes out it's all but impossible to move games... it is going to be jam packed around that area. Luckily we live in the eastern suburbs, so have taken to parking at UNSW for free and getting the shuttle bus to the SCG (which isn't free) as it escapes most of the traffic as uses the bus-only roadway that runs next to Anzac Parade. (Though you need to allow extra time to buy tickets for the bus, since they annoyingly don't accept myMulti / myBus tickets. Always slows things down) Going early for the reserves is a good idea if you can get away from work...
    Last edited by Xie Shan; 15th April 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Just a heads up on how busy it's going to be around the SCG on Friday night.
    Not only is it a Friday night in Sydney (which is bad enough), but the Waratahs are playing at Alliance with kick off ten minutes before our first bounce so parking is going to be very tight, traffic horrendous and public transport stretched.
    It is going to be that tight that Trust staff have been told to either car pool or catch public transport to work on Friday!
    Thanks for that Jewels. I am heading up for this game (on my way to NZ - how excitement). I am taking my daughter and we will come early to beat the crush and to make sure we get a good GA seat in what will probably be a big crowd. Also, I have been dying to see Mitchell and Lamb in the flesh.

I think Morton should come in. I suspect Bird might be retained though. His poise will be handy against the Cats. Perhaps Everitt to go back to ressies (which would be a pity as I think he has performed his role well over the last few weeks).

Why is Everitt the candidate to be dropped? He's been good and getting better. Bird has been the sub and should go if Morton comes in.

Senior Player
    I think the swans guide said they will accept miltos and my ten etc this year on shuttles. Check it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Why is Everitt the candidate to be dropped? He's been good and getting better. Bird has been the sub and should go if Morton comes in.
    Sure is a tough choice for the selection committee. On one hand Morton deserves a go and on the other no-one deserves to be dropped. Bird is in our best 22 every day of the week. I don't see dropping him back for a full game in ressies as doing anything to bring his four quarter, AFL hardness to a peak. Everitt is definitely making a play for a permanent spot but is still fringe, IMHO.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I think the swans guide said they will accept miltos and my ten etc this year on shuttles. Check it.
    Yes I recall seing that mentioned and I think they do it on the other shuttle buses, but they didn't on the UNSW one for the Gold Coast game. Maybe it's because the parking is free there, so that's why they make us pay more for the bus.

In: Morton
    Out: Everitt

Harsh on Everitt but Bird's pressure will be much needed against the Cats and Morton simply must come in.

Morton just has to be brought in. He deserves his go. Mighty mcglynn stays in because his attack on the ball is second to none (well possibly jude's but thats about it). I think it really is out of armstrong, everitt and bird as the last player in the rotations and given geelong's list of fleet-footed smalls (christensen, motlop, smedts, even taylor hunt) I think Bird should be playing, and probably plays on bartel given he seems to be playing as a half back flanker.

i worry that armstrong will get exploited by geelong, but unless everitt can play tighter than in the past...

i want to see lamb get a run soonish too.

i am still reserving my opinion on goodes. his timing is out at the moment and i know that he often starts the season slowly but if harry taylor plays on him and runs off him he could be really damaging.

really does have the signs of being a very very good game if we bring our best game to the match. feel kinda sorry for the match committee.

Changes for Rd.3 V The Cats

Everitt wasn't good. He wasn't bad. He was ok. Only just doing enough IMO, and should definitely be an option to go out for Moron.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Yes I recall seing that mentioned and I think they do it on the other shuttle buses, but they didn't on the UNSW one for the Gold Coast game. Maybe it's because the parking is free there, so that's why they make us pay more for the bus.
    I think it only works for the Central buses.

Edit: Central and Circular Quay, no UNSW

Getting there and away - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast