Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essendon everyones 2nd club?

They should and will have the book thrown at them. They're cheats I expect Watson to be stripped of his Brownlow and some to never coach or play again.

I despise them for dragging the comp into this

Senior Player
    Yeah...Essendon as my second club ...as likely as Nth Korea being my favourite holiday spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I don't hate Essendon any more (which would be hard) or any less than I did before all this business came out.

Any journo who suggests that opposition fans are going to just put aside their feelings for a club like Essendon and start feeling sorry for them shows what little grip of the thought processes of the average fan they have.

OMG, wait until DoctorJ reads this thread...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I grew up in the Broadmeadows area of Melbourne where my family were the only Swans supporters surrounded by what seemed liked millions of Essendon supporters. In those days - the 60s and 70s - the Bombers used to smash us every time we played them.

Essendon my second team? Hardly! Too many bad memories and IF they've done the wrong thing with drugs, they deserve to be severely punished. (I can't imagine anyone feeling sorry for them, either.)

And does anyone else look on last year's match at Etihad against Essendon differently now? We were out on our feet and Essendon were as fresh as daisies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    They should and will have the book thrown at them. They're cheats I expect Watson to be stripped of his Brownlow and some to never coach or play again.

I despise them for dragging the comp into this
    I just hate them. and as Triple says, its hard to hate them any more.
    I grew up just down the road from Broady, and hate them for all the same reasons as you Sandridge.

I just want this whole thing to be over with. I'm sick of the "media love" for this club. If they are found guilty of administering illegal substances to their players, I expect the harshest penalties of all time to be handed down.

For those in charge (Hird & whoever the footy dept manager is, and CEO) nothing short of a 10 year ban from involvement in AFL will suffice.
    For the club, a massive, massive fine, that is big enough to have the club near financial ruin. Melbourne copped $500k for tanking, and lets face it that was practically AFL approved, if SNDon are found guilty of this, then just imagine what sort of a fine they should cop.
    For Watson, his brownlow to be stripped, and all points received from last year to be removed, so officially they finish last!!!

I also despise them for dragging the comp into this.

2nd team!!! Get real you idiot journo, you have NFI. I'd rather stick bamboo skewers up my fingernails than admit I have any feelings for the arrogant...best stop now, the swear filter wont cope!

Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    That was small change compared to the Alessio mark in the goalsquare right in front of me. Very dark day.
    That remains the worst day I've ever put in at the footy (GF losses included).

I don't have a second team. I'll wait for all the facts on the drugs scandal before making my judgement.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post

I just want this whole thing to be over with. I'm sick of the "media love" for this club. If they are found guilty of administering illegal substances to their players, I expect the harshest penalties of all time to be handed down.

For those in charge (Hird & whoever the footy dept manager is, and CEO) nothing short of a 10 year ban from involvement in AFL will suffice.
    For the club, a massive, massive fine, that is big enough to have the club near financial ruin. Melbourne copped $500k for tanking, and lets face it that was practically AFL approved, if SNDon are found guilty of this, then just imagine what sort of a fine they should cop.
    For Watson, his brownlow to be stripped, and all points received from last year to be removed, so officially they finish last!!!
    !
    It's already documented that they were providing intravenously so they are already cooked, it's the degree. If you are doing them by that method the rules are built to cover you straight off.

I think they should not be involved in the sport again. Zero tolerance. I think their supporters are in a bit of a dreamworld that they need to find the actual illegal substances. Which they don't

Re: Essendon everyones 2nd club?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I think their supporters are in a bit of a dreamworld that they need to find the actual illegal substances. Which they don't
    They've obviously never heard of a bloke called Lance Armstrong.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I had time for Essendon under Sheeds, he was one of the few Victorian coaches who valued Sydney's contribution to the National competition. Hird's Bombers are a different story.

There are reports of Cronulla's former strength and conditioning coach, Trent Elkin, hiding vials behind his back from TV cameras in the Shark's dressing rooms on gameday. If Dank instituted a similar drug regime at Essendon, their players could also have received injections on gameday.

Had the Bombers taken pharmeceutical help at half time to get them back into the game against us at Etihad last year, then our victory was both just and sweeter still.
    Playing on at the siren? The universe called those cheaters out that day.

Well said Doctor J. Watsons brownlow must be stripped if he's found guilty of any drug taking.

This is a massive test for the AFL Commission. They have set the precedent with big fines for relatively minor cap breaches, and supposed tanking (unable to prove). Taking drugs is bigger than all those.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    That remains the worst day I've ever put in at the footy (GF losses included).

I don't have a second team. I'll wait for all the facts on the drugs scandal before making my judgement.
    Losing the 05 QF at Subi was up there. Damn it was tough getting out the ground that night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12