Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: Sydney Swans Reserves v Hills Eagles

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It's pretty simple, I award 1 to the lowest named player (i.e. furthest to the right) then add 1 to each subsequent player to the left. On most weeks there are 6 players so the BOG gets 6 votes but sometimes there are less players named (e.g. if 3 players named the BOG gets 3).

Added bonus today. Monty is playing for Them, number 30. No booing, not allowed for a game changing 2005 grand final winner.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Confirmation that Everitt (hmmmmmm), Dick, Membrey and Marsh are not playing. One more toppie added to the list - James Behagg

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Confirmation that Everitt (hmmmmmm), Dick, Membrey and Marsh are not playing. One more toppie added to the list - James Behagg
    Andreas Everitt named as emergency for the One's but not in the Magoos - you'd have to assume that that they have plans for him tonight !
    James Behagg is a young kid from the Northern beaches. They reckon he goes ok but I haven't seen him play myself. As far as I know, he's never played anything higher than Sydney under-age footy before now. Quite a step-up and we hope he does well.
    Ugg, what happens to the Reserves players who don't get a game on the weekend ? They sure don't play anywhere in Sydney. Do they just sit around and drink Powerade during the Magoos ? Surely it can't be good for their continuity to be in and out like that.

We are in the unique position of flying to NZ Monday to play Thursday. Three games in twelve days is difficult, I am sure this is factored intomthevseslection, I.e. Everitt may be coming straight back in having had a rest.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    So Trent Stubbs is still playing footy.

I remember when he signed a NSW Scholarship with Hawthorn a few years back that the Hawks supporters said he would become the best player ever to come out of NSW and that the Hawks had pulled a massive coup getting him out of the Swans clutches.

I then watched with interest as his career didn't blossom at Hawthorn or at Collingwood and wondered if the Hawk supporters got it badly wrong when Stubbs was a 16yo or whether Stubbs himself caused his "downfall".

Be interesting to see what becomes of him from here.
    Scott Reed was another one. There was great hopes for him also.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    Everitt is playing. In fact, he's just kicked his second goal.

Score Liz ? or is it too one-sided to be taken seriously ?

12.8 80 6.4 40

Everitt to be taken off for the second half though

expect the Eagles to run out of legs towards the end. Had a hard match last weekend against Southport and that's what happened then.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Score Liz ? or is it too one-sided to be taken seriously ?
    It's quite a reasonable contest actually. Swans were up by 12 goals to 6 at half time but while the Swans are clearly the better side, the Eagles are chasing and tackling and generally making the Swans work for their goals. And when they've been able to pierce through the defense of the midfield, they managed to score themselves with relative ease.

Senior Player

Re: Round 5: Sydney Swans Reserves v Hills Eagles

Who is this number 59 toppy? Looks talented.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast