Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: Sydney Swans Reserves v Hills Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's quite a reasonable contest actually. Swans were up by 12 goals to 6 at half time but while the Swans are clearly the better side, the Eagles are chasing and tackling and generally making the Swans work for their goals. And when they've been able to pierce through the defense of the midfield, they managed to score themselves with relative ease.
    Like I said....Swans will let the Eagles knock themselves out, then will cruise away.

Round 5: Sydney Swans Reserves v Hills Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Who is this number 59 toppy? Looks talented.
    Thomas Head. Can we keep him huh huh,,!,
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Thomas Head. Can we keep him huh huh,,!,
    Comes from up the coast somewhere. Had a stint with Freo (scholarship maybe) but is available now.

Perris looks really great out there. Agree on Head, has a lot of presence, takes marks, kicks goals.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Perris looks really great out there. Agree on Head, has a lot of presence, takes marks, kicks goals.
    Ex Balmain, now back home on the Central Coast at Killarney Vale or Terrigal I think.

Played a few games for eagles last year, good young kid, can play too

Final score from the SCG please ?

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Final score from the SCG please ?
    it's ok - I got it.............

Swans 22.16=148 - Eagles 13.8 = 86

You know what ? That's a pretty good outcome for the SHEagles, especially after they took it up to Southport last weekend

Sweet home Novacastria
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Ex Balmain, now back home on the Central Coast at Killarney Vale or Terrigal I think.
    Terrigal. One of a few big ins for the defending premiers

Veteran Site Admin
    It was a decent performance from the Eagles and they were running harder at the end of the game than the Swans were. I thought the Swans were a little down on the level of intensity of previous matches this season, though a weaker than normal squad may be part of the reason. Still. there were periods during the game where they played very disciplined and cohesive footy, keeping the ball in motion for long periods - ie playing on at every opportunity.

Head has improved significantly since his first outings in the practice games. In the earlier games he looked like a bit of an unco-ordinated lump, but today he moved very well and played with lots of confidence. He set up the goal of the game in the third quarter when he sprinted towards the ball as it was going through for a point, got to it right on the goal line and tapped it backwards back into play, from where other players set up a mark and set shot.

Otherwise, I thought Walsh looked pretty good, especially in the second and third quarters, while Lloyd and Robinson kept buzzing away all game, each kicked a nice goal, and set up lots of play for others.

Loved seeing Rhyce standing by the Swans bench, barking out instructions and encouragement from the sideline, and patting players on the back as they came from the ground.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Hills Eagles 4 0 24 6 4 40 10 7 67 13 8 86
    Sydney Swans 5 3 33 12 8 80 17 12 114 22 16 148
    SYDNEY SWANS
    Goal Kickers: T. Walsh 5, T. Head 4, A. Everitt 3, J. White 2, D. Robinson 2, J. Lloyd 2, D. Towers , B. Jack , J. Lockyer , J. Lamb
    Best Players: A. Brown, C. Bird, J. Lloyd, J. Lamb, D. Hadden, T. Walsh
    HILLS EAGLES
    Goal Kickers: J. Dimery 2, T. Garlick 2, J. Vlatko 2, E. Strudwick , T. Stubbs , B. Ure , B. Bourke , A. Buchanan , S. Pollock , E. Kruger
    Best Players: J. Dimery, J. Vlatko, L. Gemmill, M. Dragicevic, C. Young, T. Garlick

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Really can't trust the goalscorers list. 100% sure Wray kicked the first goal of the game it was right in front of me

also wonder if they mixed up Head and Hadden. Head had three goal assists to go along with his four goals while Hadden was quieter

Eugene Kruger came off second best when he was involved in a full speed heads on collision with a teammate. Sickening sound when they clashed heads and Kruger was left holding his jaw and making uncomfortable sounds clearing his throat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast