Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 5: Sydney Swans Reserves v Hills Eagles

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    southsideswan: They don't do points, because it's not actually added up anywhere. The number represents the ranking, and the best lists are always done from best on ground in descending order from left to right just like any other AFL match report.

I raised the question with the Manager NEAFL (Eastern Region) "There is usually a list of 6 players. The first could have been assumed to receive 6 points but it appears the other way round. The last player listed is the best, with numbers running 1 to 6. Is that correct?"

The reply "That?s correct" .. these are copy and paste from email.

NEAFL on there web site had the same players mentioned and allocated the points as follows Brown 1 , Bird 2 , Lloyd 3, Lamb 4, Hadden 5 & Walsh 6

UGG, you have them as Brown 6, Bird 5, Lloyd 4, Lamb 3, Hadden 2 & Walsh1. This would make sense.

North East Australian Football League: Fixtures & Results

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    I raised the question with the Manager NEAFL (Eastern Region) "There is usually a list of 6 players. The first could have been assumed to receive 6 points but it appears the other way round. The last player listed is the best, with numbers running 1 to 6. Is that correct?"

The reply "That?s correct" .. these are copy and paste from email.

NEAFL on there web site had the same players mentioned and allocated the points as follows Brown 1 , Bird 2 , Lloyd 3, Lamb 4, Hadden 5 & Walsh 6

UGG, you have them as Brown 6, Bird 5, Lloyd 4, Lamb 3, Hadden 2 & Walsh1. This would make sense.

North East Australian Football League: Fixtures & Results
    Ugg has to translate the best(1 to 6, 2 to 5 etc) in order to have a running count of the best players.
    Otherwise it makes it difficult to see how the votes are tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Ugg has to translate the best(1 to 6, 2 to 5 etc) in order to have a running count of the best players.
    Otherwise it makes it difficult to see how the votes are tracking.
    I think what the NEAFL dude is saying is he is just copying and pasting the list of players from an email sent by the 2 clubs involved in each match, which I'm 99% sure collate the list of best players themselves.

There are no points involved because there is no tally being kept anywhere by the NEAFL. The numbers you see next to each name are the rankings. i.e. Brown 1 means Brown was 1st, Bird 2nd etc.

More highlights from NEAFL TV from 0:08 to 1:06

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    We are in the unique position of flying to NZ Monday to play Thursday. Three games in twelve days is difficult, I am sure this is factored intomthevseslection, I.e. Everitt may be coming straight back in having had a rest.
    Love your work Reggi....you nailed it !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345