Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 guernseys

Happy and I know it

2013 guernseys

At the risk of being called a voyeur, I want to thank whoever designed the team guernseys this year. Thank you for making them shorter and more, err, figure-hugging. Our boys are damn fit and it shows!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Oh my yes
    I believe a letter of gratitude is in order

.....and we have the gold AFL logo on them too.

The only team in the comp to do so I believe.

We were counting their ribs today. How they get into those jumpers is one thing, how the hell they get out of them is another. Some of the boys need a good feed! Sam's shoulders don't fit inside the sleeves, nor does Drey's. Not that I am perving or anything, I am just saying.....

Far better than those ones back in the '90s with the silly floppy collars.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Off, but on topic - I note after a bit of griping last year from the R&W faithful regarding the similarities between the Swans and the Suns guernsey from behind, it looks like the Suns have followed the advice of this website and move to yellow numbering. As suggested at the time, their strip looks much better.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

2013 guernseys

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    At the risk of being called a voyeur, I want to thank whoever designed the team guernseys this year. Thank you for making them shorter and more, err, figure-hugging. Our boys are damn fit and it shows!
    I was thinking of asking the Swans that the policy of tight fitting garments be extended to the support staff especially the refreshments personnel.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I was thinking of asking the Swans that the policy of tight fitting garments be extended to the support staff especially the refreshments personnel.
    Just as long as the policy doesn't extend to members. It could get ugly.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Could?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I particularly liked LRT's ripped guernsey late in the game yesterday...added to that whole Viking thing he's got going
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Off, but on topic - I note after a bit of griping last year from the R&W faithful regarding the similarities between the Swans and the Suns guernsey from behind, it looks like the Suns have followed the advice of this website and move to yellow numbering. As suggested at the time, their strip looks much better.
    As one who has griped a lot about the Suns guernsey, I too have noticed the yellow numbering. It also looks as if their yellow side bar is wider and more prominent this year. While I still think they should have chosen a yellow/gold guernsey with a red side bar and numbers + red shorts (just like lifesavers) their 2013 guernsey is a big improvement. And I really like their new clash guernsey which they wore when they played us at the SCG. Very smart and very distinctive.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Just as long as the policy doesn't extend to members. It could get ugly.
    They unintentionally started that years ago with the guernsey they gave to Mr Hatley!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    They unintentionally started that years ago with the guernsey they gave to Mr Hatley!
    I think Peter grew into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast